Benelli M4/1014 Clones

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
Spikes40

Benelli M4/1014 Clones

Post by Spikes40 »

Anyone know anything about some of these Benelli M4/1014 clones. I have seen them put out by a few companies
Last edited by Spikes40 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

most of those Turkish guns are junk and there are no replacement parts if that helps make your decision, we have several not the M4 clones ( but the Turkish knock offs ) with busted mag tubes, handguards, ...just critical parts in general that cripple the gun and make it un usable...
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:29 pm most of those Turkish guns are junk and there are no replacement parts if that helps make your decision, we have several not the M4 clones ( but the Turkish knock offs ) with busted mag tubes, handguards, ...just critical parts in general that cripple the gun and make it un usable...
thats what i was curious about... more specific the SDS guns but wondered if quality was an issue. They claim compatible with the M1014 benelli parts
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Re compatibility: I would say that's a marketing scheme and until someone can verify that 100%, take that with a grain of salt.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I am jonesing for a new shotgun myself and put some thought into the inexpensive AR style turkish offerings but took a pass because of the lack of parts available and long term reliability results. I'm saving up for a nice one at this point, the buy once/cry once principal. I resigned myself to having to deal with my older Mossy 500 pump until I have enough cash set aside. The Benelli 1014 and Beretta 1301 are both at the top of my wish list and they're not cheap.
Off To The Races

Post by Off To The Races »

lighteye wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm I am jonesing for a new shotgun myself and put some thought into the inexpensive AR style turkish offerings but took a pass because of the lack of parts available and long term reliability results. I'm saving up for a nice one at this point, the buy once/cry once principal. I resigned myself to having to deal with my older Mossy 500 pump until I have enough cash set aside. The Benelli 1014 and Beretta 1301 are both at the top of my wish list and they're not cheap.
I picked up a factory midnight bronze Benelli M1014 about a year ago for a steal and it really is an amazing firearm! I've got a Remington 1187 Police that I love as well, but the 1014 is next level. Only thing that gets more looks at the range than that is my Vepr 12 sidefolder. People always stop to ask me about it.
JOEBOB

Post by JOEBOB »

The Stoeger 3500 (3.5 inch) and the 3000 are sold/ marketed by Benelli/Beretta. they have a good reputation, and take a lot of Benelli parts. they have a good reputation, although there are some problems reported with inertia spring breakage, a lot of reports are that the Stoegers frequently run surprisingly well with broken springs. the fix is easy- just put in a Benelli inertia spring asleep the original as a spare.

Also, they often have problems running light loads under 1 1/8 oz loads until broken in (this includes 1 oz slugs and many 9 pellet buckshot loads). But so do Benellis. The fix for this is taking out the steel bar recoil reducer in the stock and puting in a lighter recoil spring for at least the first 1K rounds if you shoot the lighter stuff. buttstock and sidesaddle ammo carriers can be problematic also, as cycling is dependent on a certain recoil velocity threshold.

The Stoeger 3500 is particularly interesting, as the magazine for 3.5 inch shells will allow six 2.75 inch shells, and adding a one shot extension allows you to cut the barrel to 20 or so inches and be flush with mag tube. Put a pair of sights that clamp on the rib, or mount a dot to the tapped receiver, and it is pretty darn mean. Doing the Benelli ghost load gives you 9 rounds in the gun. A 24 inch sporting barrel makes it swing like a 28 inch 870.