Well had the cataract surgery

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Well had the cataract surgery

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Had a toric lens installed which cost me an extra 1300.00. My concern was that I'd had Lasix done in bothe eyes in 2003. Which BTW is great. I was blind as a bat and had astigmatism extremely bad especially in left eye and 30 days they had to do a touch up on left eye. Still 20/20 in left eye.

But Lasix can create a problem with cataract surgery because it removes material in eye. The surgeon had to do extra calculations and other things because of there being less surface material. But it seems to be healing great and there is a Hugh difference in the right eye.

Now my wife had just had both eyes done by the same doctor and is totally amazed at her improvement. She hardly had any blood in the White portion of the eye. Me on the other hand. My entire white portion of eye was totally blood red for about 2 weeks. Still using prescription medication in eye and sight is improving more every day.

Now I still must wear 2.0 off the shelf reading glasses.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Just out of curiosity. Do you see a color difference in your vision? When I had my cataracts done, they did them one at a time, I noticed color improvement. The undone one was like in old camera film, when one used "outdoor" film indoors, it was yellow tinted. The done one was natural, though I had not really noticed the gradual change. Nice surprise. Now, I have 20/20 in both eyes, need 2.0 for reading. Had to touch one up earlier this year, as I had them done 3 years ago.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Yes absolutely now that both eyes are working together and are in Insync. Blues are more intense and other colors are clearer. I had one great eye and one messed up eye. It was throwing me off because they weren't focused/Insync and it was really messing with me. Not to mention the haze. But yes colors are more vibrant now especially blue for some reason. But I'm still healing and I know it takes time for max improvement. Halo at night is not bad at all. But I know that will also decrease.

I was still nervous as heck though. I've had 5 back operations and two cobalt/titanium knees along with numerousother repairs. But when it comes to messing with my eyes that scares me the most for some reason. But my wife did her prayers as she always had for me during all my surgeries of putting me back together. God must really love her :P

Why did they have to touch up one 3 years after having it done. What happened :shock:
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

They had to burn off some deposits on the lens. I was told the body does the same thing to the new lens as it did to the original equipment lens, forming the cataract haze. Basically, the laser burn was maintenance. Short time, no pain, I drove myself.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Was wonderin' why you've been so quiet,LOL. Glad to hear you're doin' alright..
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Still got cigars for you. Just have not been to po together a box. I've been quite to not on from surgery ospreys knows ialways do as I say. Your only as good as your words
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Times have changed as you all are getting old, had both of mine done in my early 40's and didn't have any post op problems. Looks I got when I step into the office for surgery that day as I was surrounded by a bunch gray hairs. lol I just figure that I'm going to end up like my mother who is essentially blind from macular degeneration or be haunted by glaucoma just like my father. Good times to come, enjoy your eyesight while you can! Good time to take up braile.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Quick recovery and best to luck!
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

hope for a speedy recovery, use the drops ....dont skip any they are important