FL Rep. Cord Byrd (R) running again. He killed Constitutional Carry this past session.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

FL Rep. Cord Byrd (R) running again. He killed Constitutional Carry this past session.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Rep. Cord Byrd is running for reelection in the State House after he was passed over for endorsement by the RPOF for the State Senate even after he did their bidding.

He has the nerve to claim he is a defender of Floridians Constitutional Rights, yet it was under his leadership as a committee chair that he killed FIVE of the SIX PRO-GUN BILLS THAT DIED UNDER REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP THIS PAST SESSION!

Some claim that "he was passed over and screwed by leadership specifically because of his hard work to limit the harm of the Stoneman Douglas act and his vocal push to fix our outdated and unconstitutional gun laws."

One of the bills he killed was HB 6083. HB 6083 would have repealed the Stoneman Douglas act (Parkland Gun Control) in its entirety and he never brought it up for a vote.

As the committee chair, he can bring up legislation for a vote.

Actions speak louder than words. He said one thing and did another this past session.

Byrd told me directly at the start of session that he would bring up HB 123, HB 1205, and HB 6083 for a vote. He said it would be by the half way mark of session.

He then backtracked and claimed that since there was no Senate Companion bill, it was a waste of time.

Sorry, but that excuse doesn't work with me.

He could have brought it up anyways and been the hero fighting the Legislative Dictators and he could have shown that he wasn't a Trunkless Pachyderm like others within the the political machine.

A RECORDED VOTE IS CRUCIAL.

Enough of the games where everything dies in committee without a vote.

These people claim they're pro-freedom? Then they need to prove it.

If HB 6083 had no path forward, then why worry about it. Bring it up for a vote and vote in favor of it so there is a record that he stood against the corruption.

Again, actions speak louder than words.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

"Life-long student of the Constitution"? Well then, I guess killing Constitutional Carry and keeping a government issued permission slip system in place is "preserving limited government".

Constitutional Carry, a Second Amendment Sanctuary law, and Campus Carry sure would make a lot of those issues he lawyers for obsolete.

I guess he cared more about defending his practice than Floridians' civil rights.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Who’s running against that scumbag?
If is worth it we need to support that candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tector

Post by tector »

This would seem to be much easier low-hanging fruit. Fuck this guy.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:27 pm Who’s running against that scumbag?
If is worth it we need to support that candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20 year kid named Hodges.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Put up a link for him, please

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

Luis, I see that Lee Williams called you out about Byrd (https://thegunwriter.substack.com/p/flo ... es-pro-gun)--what would be your response to him?

I think you are more right than he is, because this a pattern the FL GOP has used for years--they pick a designated "blocker" to hold up popular gun legislation (popular with gun owners that is) that is not favored by the Florida Retail Federation, the Mouse, etc. That blocker is considered electorally "safe"; is leaving the legislature anyway; or is assured of a lucrative position should harm befall them.

I thought it really odd that Williams went this route. At worst Byrd is a subject people could disagree about. Instead we have public infighting among our own side. What I just said a couple of days ago--enough of that shit, we have enough true enemies--should be the focus.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 pm Luis, I see that Lee Williams called you out about Byrd (https://thegunwriter.substack.com/p/flo ... es-pro-gun)--what would be your response to him?

I think you are more right than he is, because this a pattern the FL GOP has used for years--they pick a designated "blocker" to hold up popular gun legislation (popular with gun owners that is) that is not favored by the Florida Retail Federation, the Mouse, etc. That blocker is considered electorally "safe"; is leaving the legislature anyway; or is assured of a lucrative position should harm befall them.

I thought it really odd that Williams went this route. At worst Byrd is a subject people could disagree about. Instead we have public infighting among our own side. What I just said a couple of days ago--enough of that shit, we have enough true enemies--should be the focus.
Gun Owners of America/Gun Owners of America - Florida was accused by others for supposedly not understanding how the Florida Legislature works.

Rep. Cord Byrd as the Chair of the House's Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee, killed Constitutional Carry by not bringing it up for a vote.

Those that are defending him claimed that a good Committee Chair wisely manages the Committee's limited time. That he did the right thing by not bringing up Constitutional Carry because it didn't have a "Senate Companion Bill" and "would be a waste of time."

(Mind you, Rep. Byrd told me that himself when I asked him if he is bringing up Constitutional Carry. He said he wouldn't bring them up since they didn'thave Senate Companion Bills.)

Strange.... Byrd on April 7, 2021 brought up not one, but two bills (HB 411 & HB 1397) that didn't have a Senate Companion Bill. They were debated and voted on.

Hmmmmm......

So it is okay for Rep. Byrd to not bring up Constitutional Carry because it didn't have a Senate Companion Bill.

But it is okay to bring up other bills not related to gun rights that didn't have one.

Because that's not wasting the Committee's time, right?

As the Committee Chair, he ultimately decided what to bring up for debate and vote.

It appears that Rep. Byrd thought the Breach of Surety Bonds (HB 411) was far more important than advancing Constitutional Carry to protect Floridians' SecondAmendment Rights.

Because hey, that Surety Bond Bill didn't have a Senate Companion Bill, but it got debate and vote time.

The fraudulent claims against me.

The voting record of two House Bills without Senate Companion Bills.

The bills themselves.

George W

Post by George W »

I got the email from Florida Carry trashing you. I always thought that Sean was a little shady. His bashing made the point more clear. Having Marion Hammer shill for his position proves to me that he's a total douchebag.