Tell Governor DeSantis to Support Pro-Gun Bills this Session!

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Tell Governor DeSantis to Support Pro-Gun Bills this Session!

Post by Miami_JBT »

In 2018, Ron DeSantis stated that if he were Governor then, he'd have vetoed SB 7026.

Tell Governor DeSantis to keep his promise by calling the Governor's office at (850) 717-9337.

The Parkland Gun Control bill that banned any Floridian under the age of 21 from legally buying a firearm. The bill that stripped the Fourth Amendment Rights of Floridians with Red Flag Orders to take away their Second Amendment Rights. The bill that banned simple firearm accessories in Florida like a binary trigger for a common AR-15.

Again, he said he'd veto that bill if you were governor at the time.

Well, this is the third year in a row that a bill has been submitted to repeal what became law in SB 7026.

Rep. Anthony Sabatini has introduced HB 6013, a bill that does just that, repeals the gun control Ron DeSantis said he'd have vetoed if he could then.

THIS PAST SESSION, THE REPEAL BILL DIED UNDER REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP.

Governor DeSantis said in 2018 that he's a "big Second Amendment guy". So far, he's been flatter than Florida's geography when it comes to supporting gun rights.

Again, SIX PRO-GUN BILLS DIED UNDER REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP! ONE OF THOSE BILLS WAS TO REPEAL THE PARKLAND GUN CONTROL AND NOT A WORD OF SUPPORT FROM GOVERNOR DESANTIS THIS PAST SESSION. SAME WITH CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY, CAMPUS CARRY, AND A REAL SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY BILL!

Enough is enough. Call the Governor's office at (850) 717-9337 and tell him to openly support HB 6013 along with the other pro-gun bills that Rep. Sabatini is submitting this session.

Tell him you want the repeal of Red Flag Orders!

Tell him you want Constitutional Carry!

Tell him you want Campus Carry!

Tell him that if he wants your vote in 2022, he must openly back these bills and use his office as a bully pulpit!
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

Absolutely, great write up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

I support this wholeheartedly, but I also realize that DeSantis will not be effectively primaried, so his right flank is nailed down solid. So his concern will be for the general election only, where bold pro-gun stances have little value. Everybody here is going to show up to vote against Fried or Crist regardless of what DeSantis and the FL legislature do (or don't do) on guns in the 2022 session.

Not trying to chill enthusiasm, but I have to call 'em as I see 'em. And the above is how I see the political dynamics in 2022. Hope I am wrong.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

tector wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:13 am I support this wholeheartedly, but I also realize that DeSantis will not be effectively primaried, so his right flank is nailed down solid. So his concern will be for the general election only, where bold pro-gun stances have little value. Everybody here is going to show up to vote against Fried or Crist regardless of what DeSantis and the FL legislature do (or don't do) on guns in the 2022 session.

Not trying to chill enthusiasm, but I have to call 'em as I see 'em. And the above is how I see the political dynamics in 2022. Hope I am wrong.
Probably right. Also, conserve political capital and $ for the real fight, against fried or crist. fried was losing on election night but, lo and behold the next morning she won by a slight but sufficient margin. crist is a slippery sleaze, and experienced politician (but, I repeat myself) and has pulled rabbits out of hats before. Don't fracture the r party (such as it is) with primary fights or boxing DeSantis in.

As far as gun rights are concerned, with what's coming, no one gives you rights, you'll have to take them.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

tector wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:13 am I support this wholeheartedly, but I also realize that DeSantis will not be effectively primaried, so his right flank is nailed down solid. So his concern will be for the general election only, where bold pro-gun stances have little value. Everybody here is going to show up to vote against Fried or Crist regardless of what DeSantis and the FL legislature do (or don't do) on guns in the 2022 session.

It isn't just about 2022, it is also about 2024. He will be primaried there. Gregg Abbott of Texas wants to run in 2024 for President as does DeSantis.... one has a solid Pro-Gun record and the other is just all talk and no walk.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TACC

Post by TACC »

I agree, that is what he needs to be reminded of also

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm

It isn't just about 2022, it is also about 2024. He will be primaried there. Gregg Abbott of Texas wants to run in 2024 for President as does DeSantis.... one has a solid Pro-Gun record and the other is just all talk and no walk.
Dude, if he loses in 2022, there is no 2024. And it is not like DeSantis is anti-gun--he is just not the most pro-gun GOP contender.

Let me ask--when was the last time that MOST pro-gun GOP contender got the nomination? Certainly not 2016.

I think you might have to go back to 1980. Seriously. I know GOA can't acknowledge this, but there are other issues of more importance to many voters. Sorry.

Again, I support everything you do, but I am not going to say it's raining out when you are peeing on my leg. I just don't see the gun issue playing out right now the way you do.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”