New FBI priority target: fake vax card holders

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:52 pm Sadly someone I’ve known for decades just died from Covid. Like many of you, he wasn’t going to take the vaccine no matter what. He was healthy, had no underlying conditions, & July 24 realized something was wrong. Sunday, August 8 he died in the hospital. He went there right away, had the best treatment, and still died. His brother tried like hell to get him to change his mind to take the vaccine, but was told “it’s a Gov’t conspiracy”. And now he’s dead. OTOH, I had Covid last year, & to me the common cold was worse. Sure, we control our own destiny, but he left behind a wife, & son who now have to live without a husband, & father because he felt the vaccine was bull$hit. RIP Sam. GARY.
The problem with this disease it is very unpredictable. It is not very deadly at all, but it is just deadly enough (and otherwise troublesome enough) to be a genuine menace. It's ALMOST like it was intentionally designed to be just so.

What I don't understand about people like your friend is this:

Doctors and hospitals overwhelmingly say "Get vaxxed!"

People like your friend say "nope, don't trust you."

Then the moment they actually get the virus they run to the same doctors and hospitals they didn't trust before.

OK.

RIP, Sam.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html

Dick Farrel, Longtime Conservative Radio Host in Palm Beach County, Dies of COVID-19. He Had Refused to be Vaccinated

By ANTHONY MAN
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
AUG 12, 2021 AT 5:35 PM

Dick Farrel, a longtime conservative radio host based in Palm Beach County who was skeptical of the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic and refused to get vaccinated, has died of COVID-19.

He died on Aug. 4, after 20 days at St. Mary’s Hospital in West Palm Beach, said Kittie Farley, his fiancée. He had tested positive for COVID-19 on July 6 and was hospitalized nine days later.

Farley said in a telephone interview that Farrel “was very passionate about what he believed in. And he believed in his freedom and that’s why he didn’t get the shot because there are so many unknowns and you don’t know what to believe.”

While in the hospital, she said, Farrel changed his mind about the vaccine. “For himself, he felt he should have gotten the shot. We don’t know if he would have gotten as sick, but it would have been precautionary,” she said. (Farley got vaccinated after Farrel got sick.)

Dick Farrel was the professional name used by Farrel Austin Levitt. He had turned 65 on Aug. 1, while hospitalized just before he died, Farley said. Services are Friday at Beth Israel Memorial Chapel west of Boynton Beach. Interment will be at Eternal Light Memorial Gardens.

Farrel — who Farley said loved being behind a radio microphone, which is how they met two decades ago — didn’t have a current radio gig. He’d been mostly doing commercials, Farley said.

COVID Denier

He used Facebook as a platform to disseminate his views, including on COVID-19 and vaccinations.

In a July 3 post, Farrel asked “why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2u all along about masks, where the virus came from and the death toll?” On June 30, he described the pandemic as a “SCAM DEMIC.” On June 27, he wrote, “so you wanna take the Poison Pfizer and Moderna and J & J are peddling? have all you want. I know I don’t need it nor ever Will.”

The day after he tested positive for COVID-19 and eight days before he was hospitalized, Farrel called Dr. Anthony Fauci a “power tripping lying freak.” Fauci, chief medical adviser to the president and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has advised seven presidents.

On July 2, Farrel described the Delta variant as “another avalanche of Footchi bull shif.” On July 3, Farrel referred to him as “FOOT-chee,” and opined that people weren’t “falling for” the notion of fourth, fifth or sixth waves of the virus, “so, presto! Delta Variant,” a suggestion that the highly virulent strain of the coronavirus was made up.

Got sick
Farley said Farrel didn’t think he had COVID at first. He “felt like a tickle in his throat. Just a scratch or something.” He went to an emergency clinic where he was tested. Positive for COVID, she said he was told to go home and isolate.

“He thought he was going to kick this. We all did,” Farley said. “He didn’t know how sick he was. He felt he was getting better.”

Out of town at the time, Farley said the couple were texting. A friend went to check on Farrel in person and found him barely able to speak and breathing heavily. Farley said he then was hospitalized.

Amy Hair, a sign language interpreter who has worked at many political events including presidential visits, wrote on Facebook that, “Covid Took One Of My Best Friends! RIP Dick Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot! He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me that this virus is no joke and he said: ‘I wish I had gotten it!’”

Hair added a condemnation of COVID and urged people to get vaccinated.

Radio and politics

Behind the microphone, “he was really a natural,” Farley said, with talent that might have had something to do with his entertainer-mother, who was a Rockette. The Rockettes are the dance company best known for performances at New York’s Radio City Music Hall.

Farrel was born in Fresh Meadows, N.Y., a neighborhood of the New York City borough of Queens. He was a graduate of Queens College and worked at radio stations on Long Island and in Westchester County. In Florida he worked at several Florida radio stations over the years, including WJNO, WIOD, WPBR, WJUP and WFLN, , according to information posted on the Beth Israel Memorial Chapel website.

He also served as a guest host on cable’s Newsmax channel. “Dick Farrel was a great friend of Newsmax and myself for over 20 years,” CEO Christopher Ruddy said on the Newsmax website. “Dick was a fun spirit, true mensch and great American. He will be missed.”

Farrel was a supporter of former President Donald Trump. Long before Trump ran for president as a foe of the Republican Party establishment, Farrel was a thorn in the side of the Republican Party establishment in Palm Beach County.

In 2006, he announced he would challenge then-Palm Beach County Commissioner Tony Masilotti in a Republican primary. He made his announcement before Masilotti announced he would not run again, a move that preceded his resignation and guilty plea on federal corruption charges.

His campaign signs proclaimed “Dick Farrel —Elect the Tax Killer.” In an interview, he said, “The County Commission is behaving like an obscenely drunken sailor on two weeks of shore leave,” and said commissioners were timid and vacillating, and they want to all just get along. I won’t get along with these people until they rehabilitate themselves.” Farrel ended up receiving 10% of the vote in a five-way Republican primary.

In 2004, he ran for vice chairman of the Palm Beach County Republican Party against a candidate favored by the then-party chairman. Farrel received the votes of 12 of the 111 committeemen and committeewomen who were present for the vote.

He referred to President Joe Biden as “Bydumb,” and his supporters as “Bydumb idiot voters.” He endorsed the false narrative spread by former President Donald Trump and his supporters that Trump won and Biden lost the 2020 election. “We all know” Trump won, Farrel posted in July.

Farley said her fiancé was “always a very kind generous human being.”

They met when Farley was driving a political candidate around to different stops to collect campaign donations, and they stopped for a short spot on Farrel’s radio show. “I met him and there was a spark immediately,” she recalled in a telephone interview Thursday. He passed her a note that said, “You are pulchritude,” which means beautiful.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:00 pm What I don't understand about people like your friend is this:

Then the moment they actually get the virus they run to the same doctors and hospitals they didn't trust before.

OK.
I noticed that this is the internet's new social compliance shaming tactic of the week. How quickly it spreads like a virus.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:29 pm
Racer88 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:39 pm It's a bluff. There's no way for them to determine if it's a fake.

The morons in charge failed to think ahead (at all) and issued "vaccine cards" on plain, laser-printed cardboard stock. Mostly filled in by hand with a ballpoint pen.Easily made with a computer and a laser printer.

They ****ed up even more by not establishing a centralized database. So, they can't even look up your card to see if it's legit.

So, yeah... it's a bluff. There's no way to catch anyone with a fake card. Such a shame, eh? :lol:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/hawa ... index.html
And, you believe that (very vague with details) story from CNN??? :lol:

There's literally no way for them to verify your vax status, since there is no database.

It's a bluff. They're trying to scare people. And, with some... it works.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Racer88 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:20 am
tector wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:29 pm
Racer88 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:39 pm It's a bluff. There's no way for them to determine if it's a fake.

The morons in charge failed to think ahead (at all) and issued "vaccine cards" on plain, laser-printed cardboard stock. Mostly filled in by hand with a ballpoint pen.Easily made with a computer and a laser printer.

They ****ed up even more by not establishing a centralized database. So, they can't even look up your card to see if it's legit.

So, yeah... it's a bluff. There's no way to catch anyone with a fake card. Such a shame, eh? :lol:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/hawa ... index.html
And, you believe that (very vague with details) story from CNN??? :lol:

There's literally no way for them to verify your vax status, since there is no database.

It's a bluff. They're trying to scare people. And, with some... it works.
I literally posted verifiable proof there's a Federal database on the 2nd page of this thread. You think the Biden administration's Democrat run Hawaii's friends aren't putting it to full use? lol
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

tector wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:00 pm

What I don't understand about people like your friend is this:

They may be SAYING that (or not), but nearly half have NOT gotten the "vaccine" themselves. The number is 48%. 48% of them have not gotten the "vaccine" for themselves. Think about that.

From a report dated March 19, 2021... The actual article (which is accessible by members / medical professionals only) excerpts copy-pasted here for your convenience https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/947813:
Despite being prioritized for COVID-19 vaccination, 48% of frontline healthcare workers have not yet gotten one or more vaccine doses...

Nearly seven in 10 (68%) of the workers responsible for diagnosis and treatment, including doctors and nurses, reported having received a COVID-19 vaccine. In contrast, 44% of workers who perform administrative duties and 37% of those who assist with patient care, such as those involved in bathing, eating, cleaning, exercising, and housekeeping, reported having been vaccinated.

There were also big differences in the percentages of vaccinated respondents in various care settings. Sixty-six percent of workers in hospitals and 64% of those in hospital outpatient clinics said they'd been vaccinated, compared with 52% of those who work in doctors' offices, 50% of workers in nursing home and assisted living facilities, and 26% of home health workers.

Overall, 52% of the survey participants had received at least one dose of vaccine. The percentages of those vaccinated was higher among men than in women and higher among whites than among Blacks or Hispanics....

Of the workers in those categories, a large majority were concerned about potential side effects (82%) and the newness of the vaccine (81%)....

Overall, 52% of the survey participants had received at least one dose of vaccine. The percentages of those vaccinated was higher among men than in women and higher among whites than among Blacks or Hispanics...

The vaccine hesitancy among survey participants was fairly similar to that of the general public, as revealed in an accompanying poll of 971 US adults who were not frontline healthcare workers....

Sixty percent of survey participants who treated or provided assistance to COVID-19 patients had received their first vaccine dose; only 42% of those who didn't treat or provide assistance to patients had gotten their first shot...

The CBS coverage of the survey: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/health-car ... accinated/
Last edited by Racer88 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

zeebaron wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 am

I literally posted verifiable proof there's a Federal database on the 2nd page of this thread. You think the Biden administration's Democrat run Hawaii's friends aren't putting it to full use? lol
I stand by my comment. Calling your post "verifiable proof" is well... You can believe it, if you want. More power to ya.

The CDC has (rightfully) lost a LOT of credibility. I prefer to rely on peer-reviewed literature.
Last edited by Racer88 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:59 pm https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html

Dick Farrel, Longtime Conservative Radio Host in Palm Beach County, Dies of COVID-19. He Had Refused to be Vaccinated

By ANTHONY MAN
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
AUG 12, 2021 AT 5:35 PM

Dick Farrel, a longtime conservative radio host based in Palm Beach County who was skeptical of the seriousness of the coronavirus pandemic and refused to get vaccinated, has died of COVID-19.

Farley said in a telephone interview that Farrel “was very passionate about what he believed in. And he believed in his freedom and that’s why he didn’t get the shot because there are so many unknowns and you don’t know what to believe.”

While in the hospital, she said, Farrel changed his mind about the vaccine. “For himself, he felt he should have gotten the shot. We don’t know if he would have gotten as sick, but it would have been precautionary,” she said. (Farley got vaccinated after Farrel got sick.)

COVID Denier

He used Facebook as a platform to disseminate his views, including on COVID-19 and vaccinations.

What a disgusting article by the Sentinel. Wow. Very poor taste. Using a man's death to advance an unconstitutional agenda and score political points.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

One other take on this. They just introduced the vaccination mandate at my place of work. No vaccination after October 11, or a approved exemption for medical or religious, you will be fired.

The Commies-in-Charge want to take over and be rid of those of us that believe in Liberty, Freedom, and the constitution, right? Well, forget about this vaccination mandate, and all of us want to exercise their Constitutional Right, and adhere to the Nuremberg Articles of 1947, can just go unvaccinated and we will get sick and die off. The Kommies will be purged of all us that believe in Freedom and all that will be left will be Libiturd Kommies. No Stalin Purge will be needed. They are not thinking this through!

Isn't this what the Chi-Coms had in mind when they released this weapon?
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:42 am
tector wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:00 pm What I don't understand about people like your friend is this:

OK.
I noticed that this is the internet's new social compliance shaming tactic of the week. How quickly it spreads like a virus.
Dude, I am not shaming anybody--do whatever you like. But you do a shitty job of evading an obvious logical paradox.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”