Florida man charged for having 1,552 devices to turn semiautos into machine guns

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

flcracker wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:31 pm
tector wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:38 pm....trying to imagine the founders of this country saying a man could be jailed (by the federal government no less) for owning or selling a small strip of metal. The same would apply to growing a plant. Both concepts would be utterly ludicrous to them.
I'm not certain, but I think that one of the legal bases for prosecution of someone who owns an "unregistered machine gun" is the failure to pay a tax - on something that can't legally be registered for taxation.

The concept of waging war against their own Citizens to enforce the payment of a tax on a homemade product derived from homegrown grain apparently didn't seem so ludicrous to our Founding Fathers..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion
They don't usually bother with charging people with violation of the NFA anymore (which is tax code). They charge them with violation of Title 2 of the GCA '68...which is criminal code ....... that also makes any tax related issues irrelevant
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

At first I thought somebody was selling shoe strings on the internet.
tector

Post by tector »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 pm At first I thought somebody was selling shoe strings on the internet.
Zappos and Amazon are the two biggest Class 1 dealers in the nation!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:55 am

Zappos and Amazon are the two biggest Class 1 dealers in the nation!

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

Yeah, I meant Class 3. So much for posting while baked!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:22 pm Yeah, I meant Class 3. So much for posting while baked!
Errrr, I meant drumk!
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

kyle matthews wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:14 am I am pretty sure it is legal for solvent traps
https://kmwhisper.com/blogs/news/5-thin ... -trap-2021
You can legally make suppressors on a Form 1- machine guns not so much! ( unless you are a sot making them for the government/LE).
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

lilwoody wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 am You can buy a legal one. File the paper work, pay 20k or so and get on the list.
I shouldn't have to pay $20k and beg the government for permission, PERIOD.

Last I checked, Marijuana is illegally on the Federal Level but enough States told the Feds to fuck off and now the Feds are powerless.

If enough States did that with gun rights, we wouldn't be in the situation.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

tector wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:33 pm
tector wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:22 pm Yeah, I meant Class 3. So much for posting while baked!
Errrr, I meant drumk!
You were on Delta-8. right? Federally legal.