Carry and be aware

State and national practical & political discussions on legal open, concealed and vehicle carry.
Deputydave

Carry and be aware

Post by Deputydave »

Man accused of shooting jogger, hitting another with car denied bond

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... BGZIIX3TM/

It's always good advice to be situationally aware of your surroundings. It's also good advice to have the skills and tools present to deal with a situation once your situational awareness alerts you to danger. That's why it's a good idea to carry some sort of defensive tool or tools.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I'm trying to put myself in the joggers shoes, and I wouldn't have fared any better than he did.

There is a lot of missing info, but unless the car or occupants did something out of the ordinary, I would have looked, noted the color and make of car and

GUN! BANG! OUCH!

It would have taken about as long as it took you to read those three words, and by the time I recovered from the surprise, they would have been 200 yards down the road.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Thats why 99% of the time I carry a .38 derringer,not a junk one so fairly accurate. If something happens and I need it,its because it's close quarters/distance ,between cars in a parking lot bla bla bla. Like ya said TC by the time ya figure out whats goin' on they're 220 yards down the road. If it happens it;ll be quick an easy.Do you sit in a booth or back to the wall when out to eat,LOl.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I'm a back to the wall kind of guy.

How can you possibly connect that with jogging?
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Not connecting,just figured you would be like me an keep an eye on whats going on.If that offends you please forgive me.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

TC6969 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:47 pm I would have looked, noted the color and make of car
That's all anyone would have done unless the car or occupants were acting funny.

Pausing to carefully analyze every car that went by looking for danger would leave very little time for jogging, and in my case would result in a sidewalk face plant.