Dummies...err I Mean "Concerned Citizens" Take Note!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Dummies...err I Mean "Concerned Citizens" Take Note!

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Trade your grandfather's rare brought-back Luger in for a Publix gift card! Yay! :roll:

That being said, I have a few clunkers I need to dump...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

Hand Over Your Gun, Get a Publix Gift Card in Coral Springs This Saturday

Gun Buy-back

Coral Springs Police and Parkland parent organization 4FNOW is sponsoring a voluntary gun buyback program in exchange for gift cards on Sept. 15.

Parkland parent organization 4FNOW is sponsoring a voluntary gun buyback program in exchange for Publix gift cards in Coral Springs on Saturday, Sept. 15 with the help of the Coral Springs Police Department.

4FNOW is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization started by parents of Parkland public school students or alumni. “4F” is an acronym for “fewer firearms, fewer funerals.” The organization’s goal is to “keep kids safe from gun violence,” according to its website, by “remov[ing] unwanted, unneeded guns from our community.”

Saturday’s gun buyback is 4FNOW’s first event of its kind, though there have been other gun buybacks in South Florida in recent months and years.

“Many times, our citizens have firearms that they no longer use, or want, and they don't know how to properly dispose of them," said Coral Springs Police Chief Clyde Parry. “Our gun buyback program is a great way for our citizens to turn in unused or unwanted firearms.”

The buyback is completely anonymous, with no ID required. Gift cards will be offered for operational firearms worth up to $100 for shotguns and antique firearms, up to $150 for handguns and rifles and up to $250 for semi-automatic rifles.

Parkland parent organization 4FNOW and Coral Springs Police Department are sponsoring a voluntary gun buyback program in exchange for gift cards at the Coral Springs City Hall parking garage, 9500 Sample Road, on Saturday, Sept. 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (4FNOW/Courtesy)
The buyback will be at the Coral Springs City Hall parking garage, 9500 Sample Road, on Saturday, Sept. 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

All guns must be unloaded and left in the trunk of a car. No other weapons or ammunition are permitted.

Anyone who wishes to turn in an unwanted or unneeded gun that cannot attend the buyback can still bring it to the Coral Springs Police Department. Guns must be unloaded and in a case or kept in the trunk of their car until the owners talks to an officer.

“Any time we can take guns off the street, we decrease the chance that they fall into the hands of a criminal who would use them to harm our citizens or commit crimes,” Parry said. “I encourage anyone who may have inherited a firearm, has a gun that they no longer want or has a gun that they do not need to participate in our gun buyback program.”

Call Lt. Joe McHugh of the Coral Springs Police Department at 954-346-1750 or email jmchugh@coralsprings.org.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

The buyback is completely anonymous, with no ID required. Gift cards will be offered for operational firearms worth up to $100 for shotguns and antique firearms, up to $150 for handguns and rifles and up to $250 for semi-automatic rifles.

Hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahaha.

No. However if any of you wanna dump a revolver that won't blow up in my hands for that cheap, let me know.
Last edited by Skoll on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

a friend took a very realistic replica blank pistol to a buy
back a few yrs ago and got a $100 gift card.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

You will find some people to take them up on this. They will trade grandads old drilling he brought back from ww2 they found hidden in the back of his closet after he died.

People who don't know or care about firearms will do something like this. The steeple will definitely go for it.

Now can I walk behind the cars with gift cards in hand and do a lookie?
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Why would they need to be operational?
TampaShooters

Post by TampaShooters »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:17 pm Why would they need to be operational?

So they can turn them around and sell them to criminals at a huge markup.

Smart business sense.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Or the officers doing the intake can pilfer through them at the end of the day and know what they want to take home!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Here's a link to the vid from today's event. Anyone recognize anything decent? Looks like a S&W 642 in the box o' revolvers:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/104546882-132.html

Jordan Paikoff turned in a "HiPoint 9mm semi-auto assault rifle"! :roll:

Then again, if they gave him $250 for it, he's probably laughing all the way to Publix.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

I saw a nice, shiny, chrome plated Jimenez on the table... another happy customer. In the handgun box was a S&W 642 with nice wood stocks, an NAA mini revolver & maybe an old .32 H&R or I&J breaktop, but couldn't be sure as it was partially covered up.

Seems to me, if you want to protect your kids from drowning, you don't try to ban water, you teach them how to swim. Firearm safety should be mandatory in elementary schools on up.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Bmup:Seems to me, if you want to protect your kids from drowning, you don't try to ban water, you teach them how to swim. Firearm safety should be mandatory in elementary schools on up.

Amen: I have always subscribed to that thought, when I was in grade school they had a program on identifying blasting caps.