Looks like Charlie the Flipper is running for governor

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
REDinFL

Looks like Charlie the Flipper is running for governor

Post by REDinFL »

Charlie Crist just announced he's running for governor, this time as a demo. That must imply he supports their positions. He mentioned "assault rifle" bans in his speech, so I guess we know where he's going. Will be an interesting race, Nikki Fried wants to run, as well. We'll see how well the demo machine works.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

I can't believe he changed parties while actively Governor, and now expect anyone could support him :roll:

Time to register as a Dem. FL primaries are closed so register and vote for the least likely Dem candidate.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great idea

Didnt Florida just change the procedure though that you font have to be registered in that party in order to vote in that particular primary?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Springfield

Post by Springfield »

TACC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:10 pmDidnt Florida just change the procedure though that you font have to be registered in that party in order to vote in that particular primary?
Apparently the open primary amendment got 57% of the vote in Nov 2020, just shy of 60% now needed for amendments to pass.
https://thefulcrum.us/voting/florida-op ... 2648812663
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Springfield wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:06 pm I can't believe he changed parties while actively Governor, and now expect anyone could support him :roll:

Time to register as a Dem. FL primaries are closed so register and vote for the least likely Dem candidate.
Well, technically, he himself might BE the least likely Dem Candidate. Ten years ago he torpedoed Democrat Kendrick Meek's Senate run by running as an independent when it became clear he wouldn't get the GOP nomination He managed to get Marco Rubio elected. He actually had the audacity to say that he was listening to the people of Florida, and the people of Florida were telling him to run as an independent. No, A-hole, the people of Florida were telling you go to hell and not run.

The guy is an opportunist POS. If he wants to come back for one more @$$-whopping, I say we all start exercising our calf muscles.

I actually kind of felt bad for the Dems in his congressional district having to vote for him after years of instinctively opposing him.
My posts kill threads.
tector

Post by tector »

Springfield wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:06 pm I can't believe he changed parties while actively Governor, and now expect anyone could support him :roll:

I do this often. However I am going wait this time in case Rubio gets primaried or drops out to focus on another Prez run. His Senate seat is more vulnerable than DeSantis, who looks like a lock this time around.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Toofiq

Post by Toofiq »

We should be safe at governor and Rubio's spot.
Miami is trending more and more red every day.
And with country being blue, the "southern democrats" have to be seeing what a mess they're putting us in.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Can Crist run for both governor and US house at the same election?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Didn't Crist already serve two full terms as Gov.? Would he be eligible to run for another term? Or is the rule just two "consecutive" terms (i.e. server two terms, skip one, server another two, skip one, etc. etc.)?
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Didn't Crist already serve two full terms as Gov.?
Chain Gang Charlie didn't complete his first term as governor to run for US senate in 2010.

https://chickenfriedpolitics.com/2021/0 ... -governor/

So is Crist vacating his House seat to run for governor AGAIN.
:roll: