More Form 1 goodness- .22 LR and .30 cal

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Flashooter22

More Form 1 goodness- .22 LR and .30 cal

Post by Flashooter22 »

I’ve been having fun building Form 1 suppressors lately. I already posted my 9mm build- since then I have done a .22lr kit and pieced together a .30 cal can.
The .22 is an XRT Tactical kit. Everything is stainless steel for durability. I went for the dog boned tube option to shave some weight. Mine has 9 cones which clip together and form a nice stack that contains all the trash from shooting .22. It is the exact same weight as my Silencerco Sparrow and quieter. It pretty much lives on my Savage FVSR. Price wise I have 175 bucks In It including engraving.

The next one is a 7.8 inch long .30 caliber can. Mounting system is an aftermarket version of the Q plan B. Tube is a 1.5 inch titanium. Internals are 9 Dino Precision cups and one blast diffuser. In testing the Dinos did a couple decibels better without the blast diffuser but I plan on running this in some SBRs so the added durability is what made my decision. DB testing on one exactly the same as this using a really meter posted numbers as good and better than many commercially available suppressors. I have one more machining operation to totally finish it off but so far the couple test rounds I fired made me very happy. Total costs in materials including engraving in this one is just under $450.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Very very nice. Wish I had the skills.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Those baffles look nice, congrats OP.

Mine look like Micheal J Fox did them by hand with a dremel. My drill press is getting to that "almost clapped out" stage in life.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

NorincoKid wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:31 am Those baffles look nice, congrats OP.

Mine look like Micheal J Fox did them by hand with a dremel. My drill press is getting to that "almost clapped out" stage in life.
I use an old Jet 9x20 lathe to drill them. Accurate enough for this application. Here are the internals after clipping on a mill. Unfortunatly I didnt have a good ball end mill so my clips are squared off.Ill probaby round them to relieve potential stress areas in the sharp corners,
Buckrub71

Post by Buckrub71 »

[mention]Flashooter22[/mention]
Do you mind sharing specifics for your XRT 22lr can? I'm trying to purchase this setup but the "kits" are no longer available.

Is your can 5.9"? If so, what is the spacer size? The cups?

Thanks in advance!