The Truth Behind The Great Ammo Crisis by Caleb Giddings - Friday, February 5, 2021

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

lilwoody wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:38 am What he just barely touched on was the Bubba's and their families. I went to BPS Dania Beach store last Friday and talked to a few of the associates there. Their stories were the same. The ammo line is there before they get there. 1/2 of the people in the line are the same people that were there the day before and 1/2 of those appear to be very familiar with each other. They come in and each buy their maximum amount of 9mm, 223 and 7.62x39. This repeats every day.
Now this is speculation on my part but ill bet the every box they bought is on Florida Gun Trader before they get out of the parking lot. Just take a quick look at the first 5 pages and I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me.
The more sophisticated ones are running programs on the major on line retailers and doing the same thing. My nephew who's in his junior year of computer engineering told me he could have wrote a program to do such a thing in his junior year of high school. As soon as a targeted item becomes available it alerts the Bubba and if necessary all he has to do is open it and poof he, his wife, boyfriend, girl friend, cousin, grand ma and every other 6 toed relative has their max order in within 5 minutes of availability.
My conclusion on how to fix this in the most rapid way is simple. Do not buy ammo on the secondary market at scalper prices. If your low on ammo and need enough for your families defense ask friends that prepared for this long ago and have a stock pile to share. I know I have and will to those who are in dire need. Let the Bubbas buy it up and play the supply and demand card. Just wait them out. Sooner or later they will be sitting on 10,000 rounds of 9 mil, a max out credit card and only have a 1/2 a jar of peanut butter. One or two months of starving the scalpers and 50% of this nonsense will stop. Cut the demand on the scalpers market and his will return to normal.
Out of the 7 gun enthusiasts I know, none of us are buying ammo second hand lol.

We work fulltime jobs. Aint nobody got time to drive across town and wait an hour in line lol.
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

Winchester just closed a huge ammo deal with the Pentagon. Billions of primers and other component material that will never make it to the sporting market. This is the real reason for the shortage
gforester

Post by gforester »

Mannlicher wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:09 pm Winchester just closed a huge ammo deal with the Pentagon. Billions of primers and other component material that will never make it to the sporting market. This is the real reason for the shortage
I don't buy into that. The Pentagon buys shitloads of ammo every year and this year is no different. The major manufacturers are the only source for primers and now that they are backlogged with orders due to millions of new gun owners they are using all the primers they produce in house and not selling to the reloading market.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Mannlicher wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:09 pm Winchester just closed a huge ammo deal with the Pentagon. Billions of primers and other component material that will never make it to the sporting market. This is the real reason for the shortage
Welcome to 1/2020... :roll:

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/01/29/ol ... o-contract
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -