What is the best reloading setup?

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
Rodman

Post by Rodman »

550 is manual indexing, it’s a great machine and is very versatile and robust. I have one that I use a lot and have it several caliber changes. I also use a 1050 for the calibers i shoot the most as these machines are great but caliber changes are slightly difficult and time consuming plus very expensive. The 650 and 750 are basically the same machine but the 750 is the new version of the 650, they did away with the rotary priming system and use a more reliable slide style like on the 1050 & 550. They are all good machines. If you plan to reload several different calibers I would go with 550 or 750.
Chris6424

Post by Chris6424 »

My vote is also for the Dillon 550 for pistol and rifle. There's a smokin' deal on a 550 in the B/S/T forum right now.
JOEBOB

Post by JOEBOB »

the Dillons are hard to beat for volume. that being said, I use a single stage a lot even though I love my Dillon 550, especially for rifle case prep. I decap and resize on an SS press, tumble to remove case lube and polish, trim, chamfer, and hand prime, then use the Dillon to charge, seat, and taper crimp
Erniechang

Post by Erniechang »

Depends. Rifle, pistol or shotgun?

Speed vs. cost?

Lots of Folks recommending Dillon. Great machines, but expensive to buy and can be difficult to change calibers.

LEE is more reasonably priced. Some people say built cheaply, but they work.

Shot shells? MEC IS pretty common. Ponsness Warren is considered the Cadillac of reloaders.
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

These days the issue is not the reloading setup. It's finding the supplies, especially primers.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

TonyR wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:15 pm Now it'd be nice for ya to go the introduction section and say Hi .
Agreed! Guess some folks weren't taught manners growing up!