The three components of oppression. Two are now in place.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
kayakingsteve

The three components of oppression. Two are now in place.

Post by kayakingsteve »

What are the elements required for oppression to exist? Perhaps 2 of the 3 necessary are in place already.

I would argue they are:

1. No political outlet available to effectively use to implement favorable change through non-violent means. Whether through restriction of access or behind the scenes machinations to change results.

*There may be a case that this is present in our country now and may worsen over time.

2. No effective means of expressing dissent or demonstrating dissatisfaction through peaceful means.

*With pervasive censorship or propaganda in virtually all of popular news, social media and internet hosting services and search results, one could make a case this is present also. In addition the covid pandemic or panic, as you wish, has been used as a pretense for prohibiting gathering in groups. This directly or indirectly limits interaction to, again, highly censored indirect interaction on various media platforms.

3. Implementation of policies which have negative effects on whichever part of the population if being impacted by the other two parts.

Without the third part in place one could argue we are simply being suppressed, versus oppressed. Unfortunately I think the third part is knocking on our door.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

"Gimme a break. C'mon, man." I'll get to it. Probably by May.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.