If enough senators challenge the election results, Trump wins

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
dammitgriff

If enough senators challenge the election results, Trump wins

Post by dammitgriff »

“Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) officially stated that he will object to the Electoral College vote count to be held in the Senate on January 6. May this courageous man be the first of many senators to take a stand against the overwhelming evidence of election fraud. If neither candidate wins enough Electoral College votes on January 6, Trump should win — and it's all in the Constitution without the need for any strained statutory interpretations.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _wins.html
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

For the sake of the republic, I hope he has plenty of other men with testicular fortitude to stand with him.
tector

Post by tector »

You know this is all a fantasy played out for the benefit of gullible dopes, right? First it was recounts; then "Kracken" lawsuits winding up in the Supreme Court; then state legislatures that were going to act to replace their state's slate of Electors (none did); now this horseshit.

This election has been effectively over for many weeks now. All the rest has been grifting.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Along with the notable results of the election of 1860, the Constitution has been effectively over since 2003 and the implementation of the Patriot Act. Most of America has been asleep for 17 years and a wake-up.
Congress will not challenge the election results in any meaningful way. That would be as likely as a rapist handing out condoms to prospective victims.
R/Griff
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'm afraid Tector is right, it's all road apples. Call it grasping at straws or grifting for funding for "legal action," all the same.

The real question will be, what will happen January 7th.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

Here's one of the great legal minds that has been pushing the lawsuits, with a post today:

Yeah, OK.

Is it any wonder they have gone nowhere?

I mean at a certain point you have to stop falling for the banana in the tailpipe over and over.

Grandstanding Congressturds "contesting" EC certification is not new--it happened after 2000 and 2016. It is all jerking off for votes and money.
Last edited by tector on Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:10 pm I'm afraid Tector is right, it's all road apples. Call it grasping at straws or grifting for funding for "legal action," all the same.
I have no doubt actual fraud occurred in this election. I have no doubt actual fraud has occurred in EVERY Presidential election. I have no doubt actual fraud has occurred in every Presidential election on both sides. That is the background noise in every Presidential election. But in court you need to plead the elements of fraud specifically (law school 101) and when the time comes you have to prove the same. On top of that the fraud has to be material--here that means it actually changed the outcome of the election. These fucking bozos have been so far short of these standards it is laughable. That is why from the "treasonous" Supreme Court on down they have been tossed out on their asses.

Grandstanding politicians and other media whores have no such standards imposed on them--they can say any shit that sells or gets votes.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

An honest lawyer told me, "The truth isn't what counts, it's what can be proven in court that does."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:03 pm An honest lawyer told me, "The truth isn't what counts, it's what can be proven in court that does."
In a "government of laws, not men" that is often the truth in the end. The other way around has profound downsides of its own.
Orlando Paulitician

Post by Orlando Paulitician »

tector wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:10 pm You know this is all a fantasy played out for the benefit of gullible dopes, right? First it was recounts; then "Kracken" lawsuits winding up in the Supreme Court; then state legislatures that were going to act to replace their state's slate of Electors (none did); now this horseshit.

This election has been effectively over for many weeks now. All the rest has been grifting.
Is this the denial stage? Or the bargaining stage?
Waffle-brain alumni. Outdoor-, dog-, and gun-enthusiast. Citizens Assisting Citizens volunteer:
https://www.cacteam.com/