Could this be the real reason Trump doesn't want to leave?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Post by tector »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:30 am I recall reading Calley was pardoned by Nixon for his conviction in the My Lai fiasco during the Vietnam War. Who was the last individual to be pardoned by the president before conviction?
I was referring to Ford and Nixon.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Right, I was born the year after Nixon took office. First President I remember as a kid was Jimmy Carter...another beltway outsider. Something tells me we will be repeating some of the high points of his administration:
“Carter’s economic policies had produced a 21% interest rate, a 17% mortgage rate and a 15% inflation rate in the coveted “hat trick” of presidential incompetence. His brilliant strategic ploy of abandoning the Shah of Iran had led to a 154% spike in oil prices and Islamic lunatics seizing our embassy and holding Americans hostage in Tehran, where they remained for 444 days, until Carter was safely removed from office.”

https://www.takimag.com/article/gee-why ... rats/print
mikem

Post by mikem »

hotspur wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 am Could it be that he dare not lose the legal protection the presidency gives him? Could it be that once he's an ordinary citizen again, he'll be dodging lawsuits left, right, and center? Civil suits from women he allegedly groped, fondled, and banged? Criminal prosecutions over alleged tax shenanigans? Not saying this is so, just asking the question.
yes. he's probably going to jail soon.
please lock/delete this account.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

If “they” put Trump in jail, all hell will break loose across America.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://study.com/academy/lesson/confli ... mpact.html
For Americans, the 1970s represented a decade of economic stagnation, unusually high unemployment and constant financial concern. Presidents Nixon, Ford and Carter all attempted to remedy the daunting economic conditions of the decade, but they were all largely unsuccessful. One of the main culprits responsible for the inert American economy was oil production in the Middle East.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Yes, OPEC has an outsized effect on the global economy. Last I heard they were discussing production cutbacks to offset the resumption of oil coming to market from Libya. Iran is looking to add to the oil supply as well, with help from China’s 400-billion-dollar development deal.
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

mikem wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:31 pm
hotspur wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:28 am Could it be that he dare not lose the legal protection the presidency gives him? Could it be that once he's an ordinary citizen again, he'll be dodging lawsuits left, right, and center? Civil suits from women he allegedly groped, fondled, and banged? Criminal prosecutions over alleged tax shenanigans? Not saying this is so, just asking the question.
yes. he's probably going to jail soon.
Jail? Probably not. But lunatic asylum . . . ? Now there’s an interesting possibility.