Polk sheriff calls deadly shooting of man by Uber driver a 'classic stand your ground' case

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
CDI

Post by CDI »

There is no racial component to this case. So I think it will disappear in the next News cycle.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

CDI wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:43 am There is no racial component to this case. So I think it will disappear in the next News cycle.
I was just saying that in a chatroom. Boek wasn't a minority so the media is going to act like this never happened.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

TC6969 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:02 am If someone forcibly stops a car, walks back in a threatening manner, announces that they have a gun then clearly states their intention to use it, you dont sit there and wait for it to happen.
Even if he didn't state his intentions, just the road rage and jumping out of the car holding what in the dark might be a gun is likely enough. Could be reasonably interpreted to be an attempted carjacking.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Girlfriend says he was a good person that was just going through a hard time in his life, lol:

[youtube]5IA5IurGIZQ[/youtube]

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

[youtube]4fh-e7E20LU[/youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

His dying words: "I didn't shoot you!"

Better know the SYG laws before attempting to see how far you can push someone. :lol:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Judging by his arrest history, it didn't look like he knew any laws.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

What makes people think they have some kind of license to go out in public and do whatever they want to whomever they want. Why would he think he has the right to forcibly stop another car and threaten the driver? What makes (made) him think he had the right to beat the uber driver because the driver assisted his female friend? Now, who is going to worry about the long term legal and mental health ramifications for the uber driver? This hasn't begun to be over.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Rchrd.miranda wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:20 pm Now, who is going to worry about the long term legal and mental health ramifications for the uber driver? This hasn't begun to be over.
I would sleep like a baby after seeing this guy's record. :)
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

"He was a REALLY good guy" says the girlfriend! Hey honey, he was REALLY a POS! REALLY good guys don't go around saying they're gonna beat the crap out of an Uber driver, or try to run them off the road OR point something at them and tell them it's a gun and he's gonna shoot them! A POS does that and quickly becomes a DEAD.......POS!