I voted... (in 2020)

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Walked in today and they were a little confused about my address...it was THEIR address.

I 'splained that I'm "homeless", so the Board of Elections assigns their address to those without a permanent abode.

Aside from that, 5 mins. in/out.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
TACC

Post by TACC »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote:Walked in today and they were a little confused about my address...it was THEIR address.

I 'splained that I'm "homeless", so the Board of Elections assigns their address to those without a permanent abode.

Never heard of this before

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Wife dropped off our ballots at the polling place in UCF, about 2:30 this afternoon. There were 50-60 people in line to vote, wearing masks and distancing, mostly youngsters looking like UCF students.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TACC wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:58 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote:Walked in today and they were a little confused about my address...it was THEIR address.

Never heard of this before

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
My address is a box at the UPS Store. That address must be on some type of "not really a residence" list (Dell won't ship any orders there and some gun sales sites won't ship there, either due to ITAR). I submitted a voter's reg app and they rejected it due to the status of the address. Submitted new app with the UPS Store as my "mailing" address, and under "residence" address I wrote "NO PERMANENT ADDRESS". Voter's Board sent a voter's card to my UPS Store address with THEIR address as my residence.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Update: I'm seeing a lot of comments by people saying, "Well, I'd prefer to vote on Election Day itself. It's our tradition." I get that. it *is* a tradition, as it was for me. But this year is *not* traditional in the slightest.

I have to wonder if those waiting for Election day to vote know the safety measures being taken at the polling places during Covid-19, and the resultant backlog that will ensue on election day if everyone shows up at once. I have to hope that the election officials will be able to accommodate everyone on that day. I'm not sure they can. I anticipate the lines wrapping around the polling building by several fold, unless we try and space things out by early voting.

If you can, please consider early voting in order to help minimize the imapct on Election day itself. Make sure your vote counts! Break the tradition.... just this one time.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:15 am Update: I'm seeing a lot of comments by people saying, "Well, I'd prefer to vote on Election Day itself. It's our tradition." I get that. it *is* a tradition, as it was for me. But this year is *not* traditional in the slightest.

I have to wonder if those waiting for Election day to vote know the safety measures being taken at the polling places during Covid-19, and the resultant backlog that will ensue on election day if everyone shows up at once. I have to hope that the election officials will be able to accommodate everyone on that day. I'm not sure they can. I anticipate the lines wrapping around the polling building by several fold, unless we try and space things out by early voting.

If you can, please consider early voting in order to help minimize the imapct on Election day itself. Make sure your vote counts! Break the tradition.... just this one time.
I agree!
We need EVERY vote and don't want to loose any because of excessive wait times!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Since 1990 I have voted a local church, only twice did I have to wait for a booth.
I see this time no different from the past. I expect to be in and out in 20 minutes.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Since 1982 I have always voted on the election day. It was sort of personal tradition.
Today I went and voted early for the first time. Waited in line for 3 minutes with 4 people in front of me...in and out within 12 minutes. I wanted to makes sure I got to this election vote and I was concerned of any problems or delays on the election day. This election is extra ordinary.
If you haven't voted yet go do it now. Get it done!
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

45caldan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:55 am
I agree!
We need EVERY vote and don't want to loose any because of excessive wait times!
Be sure and take a wrench in case a vote is loose, so you can tighten it up right there! :lol:
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Went today. No line, no wait.
On my way home in less than 5 minutes.