Due to the NRA Lawsuit Issues - Potential Crisis for FL's CCW Instructors

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Due to the NRA Lawsuit Issues - Potential Crisis for FL's CCW Instructors

Post by Miami_JBT »

If the NRA is destroyed due to this lawsuit by the NYAG, The instructor side is destroyed too. So are a good chunk of FL's CCW Instructors. To be a certified instructor you need a "K" License and to get that you need the following.

To qualify for a Class "K" license, you must submit a copy of one of the following with your application:
The Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission Instructor Certificate and written confirmation by the commission that you possess an active firearms certification,

The National Rifle Association Private Security Firearm Instructor Certificate (see NRA Firearms Courses),

A firearms instructor certificate issued by a federal law enforcement agency, or

Proof of relevant military training or education received and completed during service in the United States Armed Forces.
John Q Citizen Instructor can only qualify with the NRA cert if they weren't certified when they were LE or Military. No Mil/LE training cert, no "K" License other than the NRA Cert and sign off that they can be an instructor. The majority of FL's CCW Instructors are folks that went through the NRA requirements.

This exists because Marion Hammer lobbied the FL Legislature to mandate that instructors be certified by the NRA when FL got Shall Issue CCW in 1987.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Can't do that unless somehow they kill the nra and make all training null and void by making it retroactive from the start of certifications. I don't see that happening.
Same with the renewal of the NRA instructor cert. They can't recind your training because you don't pay the renewal fee because there is no on going training requirements to remain valid. You just pay money.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I think part of the point may be that IF the NRA goes away, so does new trainer certifications. The old trainers will all retire and someday go to the great pistol range in the sky making more difficult for future generations to secure their own CCW.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

neverenoughguns wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:43 am I think part of the point may be that IF the NRA goes away, so does new trainer certifications. The old trainers will all retire and someday go to the great pistol range in the sky making more difficult for future generations to secure their own CCW.
Exactly
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/05/lawsui ... z6VkUeAXcw

Fried thinks that your right to self-defense is negotiable. She’s wrong,” said Cliff Maloney, YAL President. “This is a blatant disregard for the rule of law, and I will not idly sit by while Nikki Fried uses this crisis to enact her gun-grabbing agenda. I encourage all Americans to join this fight for our rights. We either believe in liberty in times of crisis or we do not believe in liberty at all.”