UPS employees arrested in gun theft ring

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Teenagers doing teenager stuff. Let them go with a warning. :roll:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

And this is why about 10 years ago FedEx and UPS mandated handguns must go 2nd Day Air because too many ground shipments were resulting in thefts.

Seems that worked out really well.

My dealer then on a Glock was about $400, market value was about $450 and it would cost me $50 to have a Glock shipped to me 2nd Day Air. UPS was making as much shipping the gun to me as I was selling it to a end user.

If I wasn't selling 15 or more at a time, it wasn't even worth it.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Big_mike wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:52 am No bueno.

https://www.swlexledger.com/single-post ... theft-ring

Lexington, S.C. – Lexington County deputies arrested five UPS employees last week in connection with guns stolen from the shipping company’s hub in West Columbia.

Byron Burke, 19, Jalen Green, 19, Dishon Kinney, 18, Kenyon Peters, 18, and Tre’von Williams, 19, are charged with breach of trust, according to arrest warrants. Kinney and Peters are also charged with criminal conspiracy.

“UPS’ security team called us in as soon as they became aware of guns being stolen from incoming trucks,” Lexington County Sheriff Jay Koon said. “Once we started our investigation, detectives determined Kinney and Peters devised a plan to steal guns from incoming packages at the UPS hub.”

The five men sold the guns or gave them away while on company time, according to Koon.

Investigators arrested them at the UPS hub Thursday. They have been released from the Lexington County Detention Center after meeting conditions of their bond.

Outstanding members of that rich, vibrant culture.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

photohause wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 pm Ship them as plumbing parts.........any way you wish....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

Wonder if the return address on the package was "BUDS"

AFS
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

"They have been released from the Lexington County Detention Center after meeting conditions of their bond."
So stealing multiple guns (grand theft?), then selling said stolen guns, will get you released from jail? This right here, is why we are, where we are as a country!
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

It says after meeting conditions of their bond. That bond may have been monetary with stipulations. I doubt they were just RORed out, but who knows.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Don't you know what is going on? You cannot potentially subject these precious fragile Choir Boys to COVID. The Libiturds are pretty much emptying the jails, prisons to make room for those that stand up to the MOB, conservatives, and anyone that support The Donald, and anyone that needs to be CANCELED. Everyone else pretty much is free to go and continue the rampage.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!