"Justice" Roberts is at again

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

"Justice" Roberts is at again

Post by tector »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/509 ... ndoned-his

Probably the most disappointing "conservative" justice ever.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Recently, that commie hag joy behar (lower case deliberate) suggests that democrats (ditto) lie about their leftist positions, to get elected, then do what they want. I have to wonder if that concept hasn't been in place for decades. All too many "conservatives" turn out to be subversives, with results no better than if they actually were leftist activists. Maybe they were to begin with? How about Souter?

And, for the racists out there. The black guy (Justice Thomas) is the best of the bunch in the SCOTUS.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TACC

Post by TACC »

I agree, we need more dedicated conservative justices.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

TACC wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:06 am I agree, we need more dedicated conservative justices.

Actually I disagree. We need justices that actually uphold the constitution. Not vote along a party line. We have had that for far too long and it is part of the problem.

Now in this case I think scotus got it wrong. But that is due to how the constitution is written not due to any Justice's party. Unfortunately we see that the justices do tend to rule along the party lines. That is wrong no matter which side is doing it.

Yeah I know, Utopia and all that but if we do not push for the correct way who will. What are we teaching young people and our children?

Sadly I am afraid it no longer matters as this once great country is tearing itself apart. Again along party lines.

Just my humble opinion and ymmv.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

TACC wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:06 am I agree, we need more dedicated conservative justices.

Provided you define "conservative" as following the Constitution. Some "conservatives" can be equally unpalatable as the left, with their own brand of extremism.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TACC

Post by TACC »

I agree with both of you guys and probably should have labeled it differently such as staunch constitionalists.

Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

n0rlf wrote:

Actually I disagree. We need justices that actually uphold the constitution. Not vote along a party line. We have had that for far too long and it is part of the problem.

Now in this case I think scotus got it wrong. But that is due to how the constitution is written not due to any Justice's party. Unfortunately we see that the justices do tend to rule along the party lines. That is wrong no matter which side is doing it.

Yeah I know, Utopia and all that but if we do not push for the correct way who will. What are we teaching young people and our children?

Sadly I am afraid it no longer matters as this once great country is tearing itself apart. Again along party lines.

Just my humble opinion and ymmv.
Agree with you Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

The next President will likely nominate a new supreme court justice. The court has always been political. It starts way before the selection and confirmation of a new justice. When we lost the late Justice John Scalia we truly lost one of the best. You did not have to agree with his rulings, but a lot of them were made by his ideals and of course some politics. Once being grilled by the press about one of his ruling's his response " Because I said so ". I would agree we need a new justice that rules by the constitution and not Party Lines. Unfortunately just to get close to being nominated you have to play politics.
BIG JOE
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

REDinFL wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 am Recently, that commie hag joy behar (lower case deliberate) suggests that democrats (ditto) lie about their leftist positions, to get elected, then do what they want. I have to wonder if that concept hasn't been in place for decades. All too many "conservatives" turn out to be subversives, with results no better than if they actually were leftist activists. Maybe they were to begin with? How about Souter?

And, for the racists out there. The black guy (Justice Thomas) is the best of the bunch in the SCOTUS.
I agree Red, Justice Thomas is one of the best! AND, behar is a HUUUGE piece of SHIT!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Lost all faith in him when he went along with the penalty (which he said was fine if it was considered a "tax") forced on Americans not willing (or able to afford) to purchase Obamacare!

How in the hell was it constitutional to FORCE Americans to buy a PRODUCT???