FFL question

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

N4KVE wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:25 am
ABOC wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:21 am I picked up 4 guns last week, the check went through and I was out of there in minutes. I have never given my SSN for a 4473, ever.
I’m not sure if you’re aware, but any time you purchase 2, or more handguns from a FFL at the same time, a letter is sent the next day to the ATF about the multiple purchase. Not sure if you knew this. GARY.
I had no idea, but all the transactions are on the books at my FFL so it's not like they would have trouble locating me.
My FFL charges $25 if it fits on one 4473, and that is just too darn cheap to overcome my laziness and make me get a C&R.
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

Thank you all.

Yes, I will not be going there again. I just wanted to make sure that during the state of emergency, there weren't any new "common sense" practices being implemented.
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Name the business.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

N4KVE wrote:
ABOC wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:21 am I picked up 4 guns last week, the check went through and I was out of there in minutes. I have never given my SSN for a 4473, ever.
I’m not sure if you’re aware, but any time you purchase 2, or more handguns from a FFL at the same time, a letter is sent the next day to the ATF about the multiple purchase. Not sure if you knew this. GARY.
A copy also goes to your local sheriff.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

What is this 4473 and books you speak of? 8-)
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TACC

Post by TACC »

weaselfire wrote:
N4KVE wrote:
A copy also goes to your local sheriff.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Never done this, also never heard of this.

Also is it for 2 or more handguns only?

What if there was one hand gun and one rifle?
Or
1 handgun and 2 rifles?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Many many many moons ago one of the online retailers was selling Beretta 92 compacts for dirt cheap. I bought five. My FFL warned me that it was going to toss a red flag up, and sure enough, it did. Found an ATF business card on my door and got a phone call asking me why I would feel the need to purchase 5 identical pistols. Despite my desire to tell him to FO, I said something about "Cause I like them and they were super cheap." and that was that. And I still have all five of them, actually.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Wakko wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:38 pm Many many many moons ago one of the online retailers was selling Beretta 92 compacts for dirt cheap. I bought five. My FFL warned me that it was going to toss a red flag up, and sure enough, it did. Found an ATF business card on my door and got a phone call asking me why I would feel the need to purchase 5 identical pistols. Despite my desire to tell him to FO, I said something about "Cause I like them and they were super cheap." and that was that. And I still have all five of them, actually.
My friend did something similar. The ATF came to his house, & wanted to see all 5. When he showed them he still had all 5, they thanked him, & left. The multiple purchase only applies to handguns, unless it’s changed recently. So one handgun, & 2 long guns means no letter. However a few years ago, I was at a show helping a FFL who recently passed away, & the FFL at the next table sold a guy 5 AR’s. He told us after, that even though he was not required to, he was going to send the ATF the multiple firearms purchase form. GARY
amheck

Post by amheck »

N4KVE wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:25 am
Thats why he did one Monday, one Tuesday.....you get the idea. ahhaha
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

deathpriest wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:22 am My issue is they bluntly refused to make the call on the spot and stated that no SS will cost me a week of wait. They did charged me on the spot.
They are being jerks. The 4473 clearly states it's optional. They just are gonna call you in last because you didn't follow their "store rules."