Shot timer app?

Discussions and notices of various shooting disciplines.
No12know

Shot timer app?

Post by No12know »

Like the title says, shot timer apps. Are any of them worth even bothering with? Looking for something to use to gauge my improvement with various drills such as El Presidente and others. In the past, I'd always used one belonging to a friend. If I can avoid having to buy another piece of gear, I'd be quite happy. I would prefer not to accumulate more stuff...
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

I had a freebee a few years ago. Worked pretty well.
No12know

Post by No12know »

Dave P wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:44 am I had a freebee a few years ago. Worked pretty well.
Thanks for the reply. Do you remember the name of it?
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

You know, having a shot timer in the range bag is a good thing.

If you're serious about practice and need to know when there is improvement, you can't beat a dedicated timer.

We use three different ones at our range, depending on who picks up what and they all beat using your phone, hands down.

Every now and then they go on sale into the $100 range. Watch for the sale and get one. You won't regret it.

You can run them on random start or instant start. You can check your split times, time to draw, reload times, etc.

Setting a par time goal for reloads was probably the best thing I got out of mine, especially during revolver reload practice.

And, with all this virus stuff, you can use your own timer when it's your turn to run the next shooter!

And they are much more "survivable" at the range than having your phone out there.

Find a buddy who has one and borrow it for a week. You'll be sold.

AD
No12know

Post by No12know »

ADulay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pm You know, having a shot timer in the range bag is a good thing.

If you're serious about practice and need to know when there is improvement, you can't beat a dedicated timer.

We use three different ones at our range, depending on who picks up what and they all beat using your phone, hands down.

Every now and then they go on sale into the $100 range. Watch for the sale and get one. You won't regret it.

You can run them on random start or instant start. You can check your split times, time to draw, reload times, etc.

Setting a par time goal for reloads was probably the best thing I got out of mine, especially during revolver reload practice.

And, with all this virus stuff, you can use your own timer when it's your turn to run the next shooter!

And they are much more "survivable" at the range than having your phone out there.

Find a buddy who has one and borrow it for a week. You'll be sold.

AD
Good advice.
Any particular one that you'd suggest?
Citrusdude

Post by Citrusdude »

I have a PACT Club Shot Timer III and it has served me well.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I need one that will reliably do RPM and pick up suppressed shots
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Looks like I used IPSC Shot Timer on my android.