Joe Exotic reminds me of Sharon from Pops

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

tector wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:03 pm Not me, but I recall such a story making the rounds.
I clearly remember the business end of her shotgun.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Wow theres a long lost Odyssey lol
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

tector wrote:
Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 am Tector, didn’t TigerLady had you at gunpoint one time?
Talk about a crazy person...ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not me, but I recall such a story making the rounds.
I think it was Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Was a card carrying member there when a bunch of us donated time and money to build a decent firing line. I gave up after a few times I would call her days ahead to let her know I wanted to shoot on a certain day and then when that day would come the gate was locked and she wouldn’t answer her phone. Happened to a buddy of mine as well. Otherwise, other than the lecture to everyone that if we shoot over the berm, it would hit FPL’s line, it nice there when we could shoot. Played with lots of tannerite there 😁
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I always meant to check into a membership at Pops, but I got so backed up in my degree program that I never had the time and then afterward I was unemployed & never had the $$$ to do much shooting.

I'd been wondering, what ever happened to Pops range? I'm assuming the land still exists, but is it still a range?
My posts kill threads.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 pm I always meant to check into a membership at Pops, but I got so backed up in my degree program that I never had the time and then afterward I was unemployed & never had the $$$ to do much shooting.

I'd been wondering, what ever happened to Pops range? I'm assuming the land still exists, but is it still a range?
Sharon still owns the property per BCPA and SunBiz shows the Corp. still current.

Newest Google review is from a month ago. Reading some of the reviews & "owner's" responses are priceless:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pop%27s ... 300b6859,1,,,
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Casual

Post by Casual »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:20 pm
cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 pm I always meant to check into a membership at Pops, but I got so backed up in my degree program that I never had the time and then afterward I was unemployed & never had the $$$ to do much shooting.

Sharon still owns the property per BCPA and SunTrust shows the Corp. still current.

Newest Google review is from a month ago. Reading some of the reviews & "owner's" responses are priceless:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pop%27s ... 300b6859,1,,,
Haha
Went there , just to get stuck in the mud , very small. I went there because I wanted to check it out for myself, as I know sometimes reviews are wrong, but was not a good place....sorry pop

Response from the owner
6 months ago
Joe, our sincere condolences to you. . Pops is an outdoor range and you came August 14....a day that the weather forecasted and warned severe flooding conditions for all of Miami-Dade as well as Broward Counties. May we suggest you either purchase a vehicle instead of Prius, or just stick to the indoor ranges.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Person gets arm bitten off... tourniquet on... walks in the office...

"How am I going to financially recover from this?"

I came in right around the third act, and I was out of range of personal impact, but from what I remember I can see the connection...
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

ss1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:48 pm Was a card carrying member there when a bunch of us donated time and money to build a decent firing line. I gave up after a few times I would call her days ahead to let her know I wanted to shoot on a certain day and then when that day would come the gate was locked and she wouldn’t answer her phone. Happened to a buddy of mine as well. Otherwise, other than the lecture to everyone that if we shoot over the berm, it would hit FPL’s line, it nice there when we could shoot. Played with lots of tannerite there 😁
Shit we put up the fence, cleaned out the property, ran off some biker / squatter types and did everything asked in exchange for the promise of unlimited access. Of course the day I actually go out there to shoot for the first time, the combo lock is gone and it's a key lock.

Live and learn.

Then every 6 months or so, Sharon would burn the trailer down and come cyber begging on FSN. All the old timers tried to warn them, but they were gonna "fix it right this time and Sharon PROMISED not to yank the football away when they tried to kick it."

My favorite personal memory was a day when we had about $75k worth of machine guns on the bench and some shirtless jackass started to move the table out in front of the awning while it was raining so the tarp on the awning wouldn't get flash burns. Never mind that we were actually walking around and shooting in front of the bench, but let's put ALL our shit in the rain to save a $40 tarp that we paid for in the first place.

Don't even get me started on the gun safety antics of "cowboy dan" who would quick draw, shoot and then spin the gun on his trigger finger before reholstering. That way the dozen or so people directly behind him would know he was a real deal gunslinger.

The saddest part is for years I dealt with Dean, he was truly the nicest guy and even if he wasn't rich he managed to keep his shit together and his property in decent order.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Anyone have a current google earth view of the property?

"Open 24 hours by appointment". OMG
“You didn’t finish school, did you?