Shoot Straight sells gun owners out?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

For the past few months I've occasionally used the SS range on 441 in Ft Laud. It's close to me, clean, well ventilated and prices decent, although they did go up a few bucks at the first of the year. no big deal.

At about the beginning of the corona drama I was building a new tack driver 22lr. The bolt/receiver/trigger had already been broken in but I installed a new TacSol fluted aluminum barrel. With the barrel was a set of directions for 100 rnd break-in sequence.

Checked out SS to see if shortened hours, range etc. Said store open but range closed. I never even thought about conspiracy theories, seemed to just kind of make sense with all the other closings. Good ventilation or not, being in small room with a high turnover of people just kinda figured it was the right thing to do. Markham closed too. Haven't bothered to check Pembrooke, pretty lousy ventilation and lately the clientele is generally a little less than "fine upstanding" and more of the "dindo nuffinns" crowd.

Still haven't shot the thing yet, but no matter, all competitions shut down too.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

kayakingsteve wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:37 am We should not support businesses that willingly give up their rights and do not support our freedom during this "crisis".
All businesses have done things that either make people loyal or make people pissed off. I remember an interview with Akkawi many years ago that had people up in arms because they felt that it was anti-2a, but I can't remember the details. He also sued an arfcommer years ago because the arfcommer posted an anti-Khaled thread on the site. He does not give me the warm fuzzies, but I have gone in his store and I think I even bought a gun there once. In this case, his decision is 100% smart. As Colonel Tector stated, his insurance company many have had a part of it, or flat out common sense. Those of you in the "I'll make my own decisions" camp...if you want to go shooting, employees have to be there. You're not allowing THEM to make their own decision. If you want to have a dinner party with like-minded folks, have at it, but this is a private business, and the decision likely is costing Khaled some precious moneymoneymoney.

I don't think you'll find much support here, Steve.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

not ALL ranges are closed

AFS
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Or just have your own property to shoot on. I would rather drive 1 to 2 hours to my own land then go to a local range.
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:42 am
tector wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:58 am First, did it ever occur to your massive ego that ownership might actually feel it is the right decision for the safety of their customers--that it is not some "sellout," just their view of what's appropriate right now?

F'ing THANK YOU.

A private business making a private decision about something that dramatically affects them and everyone else is not selling anyone out, especially gun owners.

Maybe they don't want their employees locked in a box with a bunch of other people.

Now if you want a "sellout" stop shooting at National Armory Guns and Range. Not only did they invite the media to their range following a high profile school shooting so they could get video of scary black AR-15 rifles with high capacity magazines, they also told a flat out LIE that it was illegal to mail order ammo in Broward County but people do it anyway because nobody enforces the law.

And this is the OWNER of National Armory talking all this shit. Once the THREAT of corona is lessened, and make no mistake it's an actual THREAT, then everyone should go to Shoot Straight and never go to National Armory. Shoot Straight would be a "sell out" IF they kept their doors open despite the threat, they seem to have decided money isn't as important as being safe. I agree with their position.

But tell you what kayak, take all of YOUR money and risk it on a range and gun business and then YOU can decide to stay open during a health threat. I won't call you out for what I think is your terrible idea, after all it will be a private business making a private business decision.
It's pretty obvious some people will believe anything they are told. If you believe this crap is serious I have a bridge I can sell you. think what you want.

I can't blame some people for believing this nonsense, but it is just that, nonsense. People need to see through this silly story we are being sold and realize that life has to go on and things aren't that serious.

Wake up, you are being sold a bill of goods. Encourage others who continue to stay open, don't reward cowards who close.
Last edited by kayakingsteve on Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 am
Flame Red wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 am I'll take both sides of this.

His place, his rules.

But Kalid has shown in the past that he supports 2A rights when it happens to accidentally align with his top interest, $.
My point exactly. Since his ranges are closed, he’s choosing safety over $$$. GARY
Nothing is more powerful than mis-information and a good (nonsensical) story. Anyone that buys all this media coverage and thinks that we need to "distance" ourselves etc... over a minor viral infection is pretty much being manipulated. This is a classic illustration of the idea "Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." Shutting the entire world down over fear of a minor viral infection (which will spread no matter what). Nonsense.

Like I said, I hope people don't support this place in the future, and I have a bridge to sell some people who fall for this crap as well. :lol:
Last edited by kayakingsteve on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Obviously Steve, you haven't lost anyone to this virus. You live in Marion County with some of the least amount of cases. Talk to people in South Florida and other hot zones about this Nonsense as you call it. Talk to the exhausted health care workers in the hot zone and see how this is all a conspiracy. Jesus Christ!
And WAAAAAAH! Shoot Straight is closed! I am going to stomp my feet! :lol:
If you want a place to shoot buy a place and set up a range! I haven't been to someone else's range in 20 years! Except for the occasional FSN shoot. You on the other hand are dependent on someone else to have a range day! Who's fault is that? Not Shoot Straight's.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:08 pm Obviously Steve, you haven't lost anyone to this virus. You live in Marion County with some of the least amount of cases. Talk to people in South Florida and other hot zones about this Nonsense as you call it. Talk to the exhausted health care workers in the hot zone and see how this is all a conspiracy. Jesus Christ!
And WAAAAAAH! Shoot Straight is closed! I am going to stomp my feet! :lol:
If you want a place to shoot buy a place and set up a range! I haven't been to someone else's range in 20 years! Except for the occasional FSN shoot. You on the other hand are dependent on someone else to have a range day! Who's fault is that? Not Shoot Straight's.
I happen to be a healthcare provider who's worked in ER for a good chunk of 15 years. I've also had friends have serious complications from a viral infection and nearly die. That is NORMAL, but rare. Acting like scared children and shutting things down is no solution. A virus will spread, it's luckily minor for 99.9% of the population and life has to go on. We are acting like cowards.

I've had my own range for most of the last 15 years as well, right now I do not, which I am regretting, as I am also regretting my recent move back to "civilization". That is another topic for another day.
tector

Post by tector »

You are a loser who has no idea what is involved in running a business, much less one the size of Shoot Straight. All you are expert in is running your ignorant mouth about people who have successfully done so for decades. In this, unfortunately, you are far from alone here.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

He also thinks the Earth is flat, & man never landed on the Moon. GARY.