Shoot Straight sells gun owners out?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
kayakingsteve

Shoot Straight sells gun owners out?

Post by kayakingsteve »

Went by Shoot Straight today and they had closed their range due to concerns over "social distancing".
We should not support businesses that willingly give up their rights and do not support our freedom during this "crisis".

I spoke to the manager and he said it was the owner's decision, they were not forced to. We had a long discussion and frankly I was disappointed that they did not stay open and did not see any sound reasoning other than fear/pandering behind their decision.

I believe the truth is they are caving to pressure to maintain their broader appeal to a more liberal population while selling out true gun enthusiasts.

I would encourage others to contact them and complain, and not support them if they continue down this road. They are setting a bad precedent and making it even harder for other businesses that want to fight unjust "mandates" in the future by voluntarily ceasing to provide a service many value and is essential for the continuation of our second amendment rights in a meaningful way.

This is just the opinion of one angry person who has had enough.
tector

Post by tector »

First, did it ever occur to your massive ego that ownership might actually feel it is the right decision for the safety of their customers--that it is not some "sellout," just their view of what's appropriate right now?

I am going to guess not, by your self-satisfied tone. If somebody has a different view from you on a public health issue they must be a part of some conspiracy. Pathetic.

Second, SS is a large business--I can only imagine their insurance bills. If its insurers (and their lawyers) recommend/demand a course of action, it's hard to say no. If they do, their actions may be excluded from coverage. Did you factor in possible civil actions in your "analysis?" Let me take a guess: obviously not. The PI lawyers are going to be in a goddamned feeding frenzy about this kind of shit. If some lawyer can show that 3 shooters who were at XYZ Range on a crowded Saturday afternoon came down with COVID, that could be years of litigation.

Try to think beyond the details of your own tiny life.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:58 am First, did it ever occur to your massive ego that ownership might actually feel it is the right decision for the safety of their customers--that it is not some "sellout," just their view of what's appropriate right now?

F'ing THANK YOU.

A private business making a private decision about something that dramatically affects them and everyone else is not selling anyone out, especially gun owners.

Maybe they don't want their employees locked in a box with a bunch of other people.

Now if you want a "sellout" stop shooting at National Armory Guns and Range. Not only did they invite the media to their range following a high profile school shooting so they could get video of scary black AR-15 rifles with high capacity magazines, they also told a flat out LIE that it was illegal to mail order ammo in Broward County but people do it anyway because nobody enforces the law.

And this is the OWNER of National Armory talking all this shit. Once the THREAT of corona is lessened, and make no mistake it's an actual THREAT, then everyone should go to Shoot Straight and never go to National Armory. Shoot Straight would be a "sell out" IF they kept their doors open despite the threat, they seem to have decided money isn't as important as being safe. I agree with their position.

But tell you what kayak, take all of YOUR money and risk it on a range and gun business and then YOU can decide to stay open during a health threat. I won't call you out for what I think is your terrible idea, after all it will be a private business making a private business decision.
Taco

Post by Taco »

tector wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:58 am First, did it ever occur to your massive ego that ownership might actually feel it is the right decision...
These are scary times... Tector as the voice of reason.

(Let me flip through Revelation for a quick refresher...)
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

It’s very obvious the OP has never met Khaled, or he would have never made his REDICULOUS post. By closing the range, he’s refusing a substantial amount of $ every day to try and keep people safe. But I do want to thank the OP for causing me to laugh in these serious times. Everyone else, keep safe. GARY
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

I get really tired of people telling me what not to do for my own safety.

I like to make my own choice.

AFS
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

AirForceShooter wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:04 am I get really tired of people telling me what not to do for my own safety.

I like to make my own choice.

AFS
Fine......as long as "your choice" doesn't affect the health/safety of others...
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I'll take both sides of this.

His place, his rules.

But Kalid has shown in the past that he supports 2A rights when it happens to accidentally align with his top interest, $.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Flame Red wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 am I'll take both sides of this.

His place, his rules.

But Kalid has shown in the past that he supports 2A rights when it happens to accidentally align with his top interest, $.
My point exactly. Since his ranges are closed, he’s choosing safety over $$$. GARY
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I don't mind if they close the range hell all ranges are closed at this point so why get angry over something that in time will pass we hope.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.