Looking to buy 9mm

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
Chinerd00

Looking to buy 9mm

Post by Chinerd00 »

Anyone have 9mm at a decent price around Broward County looking for 1k rounds pm me please thanks.
TACC

Post by TACC »

I'm not trying to be an idiot here but why did you wait until now to decide to but 1k of 9mm ammo.

I'm thinking you missed the boat on this one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

For a buddy of mine not for me.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I check GB a couple times a day to see what the prices are for 9MM that are close to closing.

I have not seen 1K rounds go for less than $400.00 shipped and that is very rare.
I have seen it go for as much as $550.00 but $500.00 is the more typical ending price
(please note, distributor warehouses are now reported to be empty and these high prices may look like bargains in a couple weeks)

When a dealer starts an auction at 1 cent and they are bid on by potential buyers it is reflecting the new actual value as perceived by the free market.

If you are asking someone to sell you 9MM for less you are asking for charity.

I know some will say it is gouging, neckbearding whatever but the truth is we all want a free market when we are selling and price controls when we are buying.

Why not post what you are looking to pay. I promise I won't laugh. OK, I may not be able to adhere to that promise :D
tector

Post by tector »

Wulfmann wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:55 pm I check GB a couple times a day to see what the prices are for 9MM that are close to closing.

I have not seen 1K rounds go for less than $400.00 shipped and that is very rare.
I have seen it go for as much as $550.00 but $500.00 is the more typical ending price
(please note, distributor warehouses are now reported to be empty and these high prices may look like bargains in a couple weeks)

When a dealer starts an auction at 1 cent and they are bid on by potential buyers it is reflecting the new actual value as perceived by the free market.

If you are asking someone to sell you 9MM for less you are asking for charity.

I know some will say it is gouging, neckbearding whatever but the truth is we all want a free market when we are selling and price controls when we are buying.

Why not post what you are looking to pay. I promise I won't laugh. OK, I may not be able to adhere to that promise :D
I have to agree with this. While not likely, there are now plausible scenarios (especially in places like South Florida) where ammo could be a valuable barter commodity. So if I bought gold at $1000, and you asked me to sell it to you today at $1000 (market price is like $1550), I'd say you were nuts. Asking for 9mm for anything less than marginally below market price is no different, IMO.

I truly wish conditions were otherwise. So what is your friend offering?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

I told him good luck but I still wanted to try. I'm just waiting for all the people who can't pay there bills next month so I can get ammo cheap.
tector

Post by tector »

Chinerd00 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 pm I told him good luck but I still wanted to try. I'm just waiting for all the people who can't pay there bills next month so I can get ammo cheap.
Fair enough. That's part of the market, too.

Good luck.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
b1gb1rd

Post by b1gb1rd »

199.99 per 500 up here
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

$380.00 1K CCI 115gr BL brass here
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I picked up a thousand to plink with when Walmart clearanced it back in December and had no intention of selling it. If people are crazy enough to buy it for $4-500, it'd be gone in a flash!