My son wants to ride a dirt bike and/or ATV, where? Any training classes?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

My son wants to ride a dirt bike and/or ATV, where? Any training classes?

Post by armedpolak »

as the title says, my son has been asking me about dirt bikes and atvs, and so I would like to have him try it out, but of course in a safe environment. ideally a weekend camp of some sort that teaches kids how to ride those things and uses tuned down vehicles so they don't hurt themselves.

is there such a place in S. FL ? I'm in coral springs but would not mind driving 30-50 miles to get to such an event.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Talk to local motorcycle dealers.
They may be able to help.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Don't know what happened to Gary,think he was close to you,kinda sorts, but find someone from here on the site who doesn't mind you bringing your son over and teaching him the basic's about riding a M/C or quad.There has to be at least one person here.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

TonyR wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 am Don't know what happened to Gary,think he was close to you,kinda sorts, but find someone from here on the site who doesn't mind you bringing your son over and teaching him the basic's about riding a M/C or quad.There has to be at least one person here.
and I don't mind paying for it of course 8-)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Croom in Brooksville has rental bikes/quads, might be worth a trip up, let him cruse around for a bit and see if he likes it, r can handle it, before making the investment
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Google dirt bike rentals. Crooms web site looks like They got everything you need. Good Luck.
BIG JOE
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 pm Croom in Brooksville has rental bikes/quads, might be worth a trip up, let him cruse around for a bit and see if he likes it, r can handle it, before making the investment
yea they look to have everything I'm looking for: rentals and beginner classes for kids as little as 5 (my son is 11), but... they're 4 hours away :(
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

armedpolak wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:09 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 pm Croom in Brooksville has rental bikes/quads, might be worth a trip up, let him cruse around for a bit and see if he likes it, r can handle it, before making the investment
yea they look to have everything I'm looking for: rentals and beginner classes for kids as little as 5 (my son is 11), but... they're 4 hours away :(
There's a motel right by the entrance, and Brooksville nearby, if that helps.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Hotel is 100 yds from the entrance
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:57 pm
Hotel is 100 yds from the entrance
looks like it's gonna be a weekend thing ;)