Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Park

Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:57 pm
Racer88 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:00 pm Went to the PBSO range today... they just extended their public range date calendar through June. :lol:
Is there a reason for why they did that?
Yes. It means the FWC range isn't ready to open (again). The PBSO range will close to the public when the FWC range opens. PBSO has extended their calendar many times in response to another FWC range delay. I'm sure in June, they'll be extending it again. Rinse and repeat. Fine by me. I like the PBSO range. IF the FWC range EVER opens, I'll miss the PBSO range.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

True, makes sense. I saw the their schedule and i am off on some of their days so i am gonna try and hit it up early next month.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Looks like we may be “close” :roll: :roll: FWC updated their website today with all the fees and stuff and stating opening soon.
https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educat ... e-details/
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Flashooter22 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:47 pm Looks like we may be “close” :roll: :roll: FWC updated their website today with all the fees and stuff and stating opening soon.
https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educat ... e-details/
Sooo...next year, yes? :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Updates:
NOTE: The Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex is anticipating opening with limited access to rifle and handgun ranges in mid-to-late May. Access to the complex will be allowed by appointment only. More information to come about the process for making reservations.

Soon boys! :D
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great news

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Mixed feelings about it. I'm hoping for the best. We'll see what it's like, once we get to try it out.

I will miss the PBSO range, honestly. It was a nice set-up and run very well by the officer RSOs.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Racer88 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:16 pm I will miss the PBSO range, honestly. It was a nice set-up and run very well by the officer RSOs.
Yep. Except for the little bitty deputy with the Napoleon complex, they were laid back...no range Nazi's.

If the RO's are civilians at this new venue, I fear the "Security Guard Syndrome"...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:56 pm
Racer88 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:16 pm I will miss the PBSO range, honestly. It was a nice set-up and run very well by the officer RSOs.
Yep. Except for the little bitty deputy with the Napoleon complex, they were laid back...no range Nazi's.

If the RO's are civilians at this new venue, I fear the "Security Guard Syndrome"...
I've been going to the PBSO range for years, and I don't know which one is the "little bitty Napoleon." ???

I admit having the same concern about the new place. But, I'll try to remain optimistic!
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Racer88 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:56 pm

I've been going to the PBSO range for years, and I don't know which one is the "little bitty Napoleon." ???

I admit having the same concern about the new place. But, I'll try to remain optimistic!
Yea which one are you talking about??