Bond Arms... Wish I'd avoided them

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
kayakingsteve

Bond Arms... Wish I'd avoided them

Post by kayakingsteve »

Not sure where to post this. Just bought a nice looking used Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV from a friend.

Long story short: I learned they don't sell parts to the public, Can't find any aftermarket parts for them, and to fix a 5 dollar firing pin they are requiring me to send the gun in and charging 75 dollars for a repair I could do in 10 minutes myself. (broken firing pin). Details below. I'd recommend avoiding them at all costs, personally. A gun loses utility when you can't keep spare parts for it or repair it yourself in my opinion. The only person I could get on the phone sounds like she's a teenage girl and the person they said would call me back in management never did.

***Read below if interested.

(Practicing with snap caps I managed to break a firing pin. Technically it doesn't specify in the manual whether you can use snap caps, it doesn't recommend dry firing. Perfectly willing to accept culpability for this (even though I've never had a firing pin break on anything in this manner before)

That said, Bond Arms says they do not sell firing pins or internal parts for their guns. They require you to send the gun in, and they charge 75 dollars for the repair. The firing pin would normally be a 5 dollar part that's held in by a roll-pin that I could replace in 10 minutes. They say it voids the warranty to take it to a gun smith. Warranty service at flat gunsmith rates doesn't seem to be a bargain to me with no other options.

I don't think it's ethical to make yourself the only option for repairing your guns and also setting rates like that for a minor repair. I get they charge an hour minimum, but the point is I should never have to send it in in the first place and there should be parts for it.

Would not recommend buying one to anyone else who values their time and likes being able to maintain their own guns)
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Damn. Whats the pin look like? Maybe you can make one.

I've been eyeballing one in 410 for a long time, but they're pricey IMO.

What good is a warranty if they charge you $75 for a firing pin...
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

NorincoKid wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 pm
not the original owner, can't expect them to lose money forever
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:19 pm

So at that point, then there is no warranty to worry about voiding, right?

They said him taking it to a gunsmith would void the warranty, if the warranty doesn't extend past the original owner....why worry about preserving it?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

NorincoKid wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:14 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:19 pm

So at that point, then there is no warranty to worry about voiding, right?

They said him taking it to a gunsmith would void the warranty, if the warranty doesn't extend past the original owner....why worry about preserving it?
you gotta read the warranty, its usually not for everything like wear items on a car, etc S&W, Ruger and some of the big boys you can still squeak one in, but the smaller Joe's , nope, you want your shit fixed pay up, NAA is the same way
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Those assholes at lest should sell spare parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gforester

Post by gforester »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:31 pm Those assholes at lest should sell spare parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Had looked at these recently for an alternative ccw. Off the list now!