The State of the 2A in Florida in 2020. GOP BACKED UBC BILL IN PLAY

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Governor Ron DeSantis is voicing his lack of support for this bill.
DeSantis appeared skeptical of the proposal to close the gun-show "loophole" by requiring background checks and a three-day waiting period for firearms sold at gun shows, saying screenings are already being performed by "anyone selling firearms at any of those tables."

"So, when they say that to me, I don't really know what it is. I know there are talking points, but the fact of the matter is that anyone who is selling firearms is going to have to do background checks, unless it's just a private sale. But you're not going to have a table at a gun show on a private sale," the Republican governor told reporters Tuesday. CBS 12 News West Palm Beach

Additionally, it appears that Speaker of the House Jose Oliva also is not supporting Sen. Galvano's and Michael Bloomberg's love child of a bill.

Oliva seemed even more dubious, telling reporters that the House is "always very careful when we in any way start to infringe on those things that people consider their constitutional rights."

"If you talked to the sheriffs around the state, they will tell you that our red-flag laws that we passed before they were even named red-flag laws after Parkland have already saved lives. These are the areas that we have to be looking to. There is no proof that a person's ability to get a weapon affects their ability to use it. And so we have to be very careful when we once again look to trample on people's constitutional rights," Oliva, R-Miami Lakes, said. CBS 12 News West Palm Beach

Sen. Galvano is of course defending his political homunculus of an offspring.

"It's important that we look at these issues in their totality. That's what we set out to do. That's what I told the people of Florida that we would do. And certainly, there is a balance, and there is a realistic anticipation of outcome that comes into play. But I think the committee's been doing good work and I'm going to continue to support it," Galvano, R-Bradenton, said.

When asked about the difficulty in reaching a compromise on the always-thorny issue of guns, given the positions expressed by Oliva and DeSantis, Galvano acknowledged that "a give and take" exchange of ideas is part of the legislative process.

"And it's incumbent upon the sponsors of bills and members of bodies to explain and to make the correct arguments," Galvano said. "If you would have said to me three years ago that we were going to do what we did two years ago in the wake of Parkland, I would have said, boy, that's going to be a really difficult lift in the Legislature I've lived in for many, many years."- CBS 12 News West Palm Beach

So let's see if this love child of ill political romance is smothered in the cradle or if it is allowed to grow and develop.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Gun rights advocates need a multibillionaire to buy pro gun politicians.
Obiwan

Post by Obiwan »

It's time to really HAMMER the legislative critters! I've already been in contact with mine and will continue to pester them (they're both Dems).
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

Pretty much the same info that Miami had posted. ( see summary below)

Alert! Florida REPUBLICAN Senators Vote for Massive Gun Control Bill

DATE: January 15, 2020
TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

On Monday, 1/13/20, it happened again. Senate President Bill Galvano picked a fight with Floridians who believe in the constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. It is well known -- even by the media -- that in 2018 Bill Galvano orchestrated the creation and passage of the "Parkland Gun Control Bill." And, of course, it didn't stop gun crime or criminals. It only took away rights of law-abiding people.

So now, he's back for more gun control and it appears likely that Bloomberg's $500,000.00 "donation" to Senate President Bill Galvano is behind yet another Galvano gun control bill. -- SB-7028 – an admitted priority of Galvano.

All but one of the Republican Senators on the Senate Infrastructure and Security Committee put Galvano's wishes ahead of principle, the Constitution, their Oath of Office and YOU, their constituents, and voted for a gun control bill.

FORGET that some of them were not truthful with NRA and Unified Sportsmen of Florida about supporting the Second Amendment. REMEMBER, they KNOW gun control doesn't work. They know that only law-abiding people obey the law and criminals don't care what the law says.

When RINOs (Republican In Name Only) vote like Anti-gun Democrats, one has to wonder how many real Republicans are left in the Florida Senate.

If Senate Republicans, who vote for gun control, don't care about compromising their own integrity, you have to wonder if they care about what they are doing to the character the Republican Party?

Michael Bloomberg is no friend to Republicans! He's running in the Democratic Primary for President of the US on an anti-gun platform. Why are Senate Republicans doing his bidding?

You can ask them:

Tom Lee 850-487-5020 Lee.Tom@flsenate.gov

Keith Perry 850-487-5008 Perry.Keith@flsenate.gov

Ed Hooper 850-487-5016 Hooper.Ed@flsenate.gov

Travis Hutson 850-487-5007 Hutson.Travis@flsenate.gov

***IMPORTANT NEW DEVELOPMENT***

The media is now reporting that House Speaker Jose Oliva and Governor Ron DeSantis are pushing back against this massive gun control bill. Speaker Oliva and Governor DeSantis are to be commended for working to protect Second Amendment rights. They KNOW gun control doesn't stop crime or criminals.

BACKGROUND:

SB-7028 by the Committee on Infrastructure & Security is a gun control bill. Among other things, it contains a massive two-pronged “Universal” Background Check system that is the worst I have ever seen.

It is clearly meant to simply ban all private sales of firearms through red tape and fear.

This bill contains so much red tape and nonsense that there is almost no way a law-abiding person could comply.

The only thing we know for sure is that this bill will only stop law-abiding people from exercising a constitutional right and it will be completely ignored by criminals.

Voting in favor of this bill is like a doctor giving a patient an antibiotic for a virus. The doctor knows an antibiotic won’t cure the illness but at least he can make people think he’s “doing something.”

Supporting a bill so you can say you’re doing something is “political eyewash.”

This bill is nothing less than GUN CONTROL ON STEROIDS.

Any person of SOUND MIND knows that only law-abiding people obey the law and that criminals don’t care what the law says.

Make no mistake, 4 Senators who claim to be Republicans voted for massive gun control: Not to uphold their oath of office; not to protect and defend the Constitution; not to represent the rights of law-abiding gun owners in their districts.
2001 FSN Alumni and NRA Life Member.
jintsfan

Post by jintsfan »

One of the best websites with info, arguments, and common sense is Alan Korwin's "The Uninvited Ombudsman Reports." It can be viewed here: https://www.gunlaws.com/PageNineIndex.htm.

He's in Arizona, but he has a national audience.