Springfield Hellcat

Pistols of all descriptions.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

They'll sell a bunch because it's the new hotness, however, firing pin breakage issues are starting to be reported. Not the tips like the initial 365's but a piece in the middle. I make it a habit to never purchase a new gun within a year of it being the new flavor-of-the-month. Let the bugs get worked out and let others be the beta-testers.

It will have to come down in price though to compete with the 365 which is the direct competition. And with the 365 being as low now as $399 on sale it will be hard to beat (now that the bugs have been worked out).

As far as SA itself, I don't own and have never owned one of their pistols. Nothing ever appealed to me to be honest. I have a Saint but that was traded for so SA had no direct benefit.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I'm gonna pass on the Hellcat also, but I've been shooting their Croatian pistols since the HS2000 days with good results.

As far as 1911s go I have a Range Officer and I agree when I hear it called

"A $2,000 gun that costs $800".
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Deputydave wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am They'll sell a bunch because it's the new hotness, however, firing pin breakage issues are starting to be reported. Not the tips like the initial 365's but a piece in the middle. I make it a habit to never purchase a new gun within a year of it being the new flavor-of-the-month. Let the bugs get worked out and let others be the beta-testers.

It will have to come down in price though to compete with the 365 which is the direct competition. And with the 365 being as low now as $399 on sale it will be hard to beat (now that the bugs have been worked out).

As far as SA itself, I don't own and have never owned one of their pistols. Nothing ever appealed to me to be honest. I have a Saint but that was traded for so SA had no direct benefit.
Yes there have been more strikers breaking. I will be sticking with my recent build P365!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Skoll wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:24 pm It's like Springfield is incapable of designing anything pleasing to the eye.

None the less, never giving them money because of the Illinois shenanigans.
That's how I feel. The HC just doesn't have any appeal to me. IMO, the Sig P365 is in no danger from the HC.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
photohause

Post by photohause »

jwperry » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:56 pm
I'm going to pass because I'm not sure this will be the best Springfield release for me, as I have no idea where to grip without the predetermined Grip Zone. I'm worried I'll get too confused if the time comes for me to have to use it...

Practice, practice,Practice, practice,Practice, practice,Practice, practice,Practice, practice,Practice, practice,Practice, practice...
“You didn’t finish school, did you?