Melboring Gun Show Nov.16-17

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

No belt feed at the show, seldom see them anymore.
The only semi-auto MG I saw, was a overpriced, closed bolt UZI.

Have only done the Tulsa show once, and that was back in the early 2000's.
Seldom go to shows outside of central Florida now a days.
Really not buying much any more, as my Japanese collection is just about complete, and what I'm missing, I could not afford ;)
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Gregg wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:02 pm No belt feed at the show, seldom see them anymore.
The only semi-auto MG I saw, was a overpriced, closed bolt UZI.

Have only done the Tulsa show once, and that was back in the early 2000's.
Seldom go to shows outside of central Florida now a days.
Really not buying much any more, as my Japanese collection is just about complete, and what I'm missing, I could not afford ;)
Well thats a shame, going to out of state shows is a good reason to see the country side..

that being said.. What a bout a couple of photos there.. What are you still looking for???
Last edited by indy1919a4 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gforester

Post by gforester »

It was a mostly typical Melbourne show as far as I could tell. There were some vendors that weren't there as mentioned in an earlier post, and the crowd wasn't very big. I was able to get a parking spot near the door even though I arrived just before they opened.

I found a few good deals once inside. I bought a neat little Beretta model 948 for a decent price from a walk-in selling guns out of his back pack. Found a nice Dillon primer flip tray on Wulfmann's table. I even found a vendor that had some new clips for a Carcano.

I bought some boxes of rifle ammo that were NOS for less than half price because there was a little tarnishing on the brass. There were some nice prices on ammo to be found, especially if you wanted it by the case.I had no offers on the Ruger Vaquero I brought with me. I guess not a lot of folks like single action revolvers.

Not a bad way to while away half a day. I may do the December show next month.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

You left a bit too early Gregg.

A guy had one of those type 99 paratroopers. Did not get a good look at it as he was walking away from me when I noticed it so did not see if it had the AA sites but it did not have the bi-pod (For all I know it was not supposed to?) and it looked like the stock had been cleaned at least it looked too good to me just notice the big metal in the middle I was affixed to telling me what it was.

I would not know what variation it was but you just can't miss obvious chunk of metal in the middle