May need to relocate to Miami area in our RV

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I have a pretty big yard in WPB that you can park your RV I could provide power, waste hookup no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tcpip95 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 am

I’m thinking now of moving to the WPB area; driving to the WPB railway station then commuting via rail down to Miami. Is WPB a good area to live? I read this and it’s pretty scary.
WPB is fine. The worst area in WPB is Tamarind, right where the Tri Rail station is. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 am I have a pretty big yard in WPB that you can park your RV I could provide power, waste hookup no.
your plants need fertilizer and water too :mrgreen:
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Skoll wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am This is going to sound unhelpful, but my suggestion is to avoid living in Miami.
This.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

What about something like a KoA? That's probably your best bet for something clean.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Molivo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am What about something like a KoA? That's probably your best bet for something clean.
KoA are hit or miss - and oftentimes expensive. I’ve found a couple that might work out, but nothing for this season. By 1 April there will be plenty. I suspect my company is going to have to get me a hotel/AirBnB for the first six months.

I’ve read how over the years you guys have commented about living over on the East coast (me being in Ft. Myers), but never paid too much attention to the details. Eyes wide open now.

Any of you guys taken either of the light rail systems from WPB? Interested to know how good/bad the service is.
tector

Post by tector »

I recently TriRailed from Pompano to WBP for a gun auction. No problems. Never used Brightline, but I know several people who love it.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
rug357

Post by rug357 »

tcpip95 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:44 pm
Molivo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am What about something like a KoA? That's probably your best bet for something clean.
KoA are hit or miss - and oftentimes expensive. I’ve found a couple that might work out, but nothing for this season. By 1 April there will be plenty. I suspect my company is going to have to get me a hotel/AirBnB for the first six months.

I’ve read how over the years you guys have commented about living over on the East coast (me being in Ft. Myers), but never paid too much attention to the details. Eyes wide open now.

Any of you guys taken either of the light rail systems from WPB? Interested to know how good/bad the service is.
I've rode it up and down the Dade-Broward-WPB cost couple times with my son who loves all things train.
Trains are mostly clean and riders are usually nice and well mannered. It's pretty busy during the commuter hours both ways.
From WPB you'll get off at Hialeah and get on the Metro Rail that will take you to downtown Miami where you can get the Metro Mover to drop you off by the Bayside. From WPB to Bayside will take you about 90 minutes...maybe a little more. From there to Royal Caribbean build on Dodge is about 3/4 miles.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 am
Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 am I have a pretty big yard in WPB that you can park your RV I could provide power, waste hookup no.
your plants need fertilizer and water too :mrgreen:
Uhhhh, what kinda plants we talking 'bout? :shock:
aka: Dolfan
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I pee in his weeds every time I visit the Capt :mrgreen: