Police Arresting People For Their Full-Auto GLOCK Switch Purchases From China

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Police Arresting People For Their Full-Auto GLOCK Switch Purchases From China

Post by lakelandman »

http://concealednation.org/2019/11/vide ... 1viaA8L51k

Back in May we wrote about a web site that sells cheap Chinese knock-off gun gear. Some of it is standard fare like trademark infringing holsters, knives, red dots and the like. Buy at your own risk. Just be aware that in addition to rewarding patent pirates, ordering some of the gear they sell could result in a knock on your door and a trip to the local cop shop in the back of a cruiser.

That’s because the site also sells gear like suppressor components and switches designed to turn your garden variety GLOCK into a full-auto bullet hose. Which is, you know, illegal.

The full auto switches have turned up all over the country and our friends at the ATF are busy trying to track down a couple of thousand of them that they know made it into the country. Chicago’s WGN has noticed some in their notably violent neck of the woods.

WGN Investigates has learned the ATF identified over 2,500 individuals nationwide who may have obtained the part, known as a switch, records show.

At least 118 people, possessing a total of 256 switches, fall within the ATF’s Chicago field division – an area that includes parts of neighboring Indiana and Wisconsin.

The ATF is now trying to apprehend the buyers and seize the illegally purchased switches.

The part is not exactly hard to find. In most cases, it was ordered online – from sellers outside the U.S., for as little as $30.

It’s not clear how the ATF got a hold of the sales records for the gear, but . . .

Cook County Sheriff’s police recently arrested two people accused of buying switches from China. Both are now facing felony gun charges.

Chicago police have confiscated more switches this year, compared to 2018.

But officials said they don’t know of a shooting where one was used, though that’s the fear.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Some observations...

So these are ok to own or at least manufacture in Commie China, but here in the US you go to Leavenworth for 20 years possessing them? So much for the land of the free...

The Commie Chinese company that makes these gave up their US customers in the states but Chinese Fentanyl manufacturers wont? :o
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I thought possession of FA parts was completely legal, you just cannot actually use them. They have to prove intent.

That's some Minority Report bs.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Skoll wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am I thought possession of FA parts was completely legal, you just cannot actually use them. They have to prove intent.

I thought so too. But some states (WA comes to mind) have their own laws, IIRC any full auto parts are verboten
Taco

Post by Taco »

Skoll wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am I thought possession of FA parts was completely legal, you just cannot actually use them. They have to prove intent.

Tax violation- they have parts that need to be registered, and no tax stamp. No intent required. Plus they imported these parts illegally... Maybe 100 years worth of violations?

Maybe you are confusing constructive possession? You have a nail file, old coat hanger, a shoebox, and an old shotgun... A team of engineers at the ATF with a month to work on it could turn it into a thermonuclear device, therefore you are a felon.

I hate NFA rules, too many ins and outs... Just stay away. We're now going to federally charge, try, and house thousands of people for a decade, then spit them out into the world with a felon 'gun crime' record. Then we're going to continue to pay because they can't find jobs... What a wonderful system we have.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

IF it requires modification of the gun to use them (like drilling the third hole in an AR), then yes. Having the part is okay (as drilling the hole would be proof of intent). But, something like this or a DIAS, or the M2 sear for the carbine, then simple possession of the auto sear and a gun which will accept it, is possession of a MG.
Or, that is how it has been explained to me (not a lawyer).
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

.Dr. Dickie explains it as I always understood it to be.
In fairness to the ATF, at least to my kniw,edge, the arrests they make involve some yahoo intentionally skirting the gun laws.

Yeah, they are subject to interpretation, but they ain't going out of their way busting someone with an AR and a coat hanger.
aka: Dolfan
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

NFA shit is definitely confusing. I remember people talking about you can have a M16 FCG in your gun, just no third pin or whatnot or sear.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Are binary triggers illegal. It's not worth doing these stupid illegal conversations. Where would you shoot plus you'd lose all your rights to even own a firearm if caught.

The only people I'd think that would ILLEGALLY convert their legal guns. Are gang bangers and drug dealers ect.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Skoll wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:33 pm NFA shit is definitely confusing. I remember people talking about you can have a M16 FCG in your gun, just no third pin or whatnot or sear.
See I never knew this. I always thought you couldn't. Besides why would you. Sure you'd have that third position. But why would you. You'd be letting you hammer ride you bolt forward.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS