$249 Chinese SKS @ Centerfire Systems

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
NorincoKid

$249 Chinese SKS @ Centerfire Systems

Post by NorincoKid »

Just a heads up, Centerfire has some rough looking C&R Military SKS's in at a decent price (these days).

Ranging from $249 to $269 , with the $269 being all matching numbers, fully functioning with a cracked stock.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-784 ... as-is.aspx

And $249 for non-matching / mechanical issues;

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-785 ... as-is.aspx
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

bastards killin the SKS price market these days, they were in the low 400's before they ( found :roll: ) this shipment
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:19 am bastards killin the SKS price market these days, they were in the low 400's before they ( found :roll: ) this shipment
Well.....I got one coming. Im curious to see how bad they are. For the extra $20 I wen't with the matching numbers one.

Gonna be on the lookout for a blonde commercial Chinese stock set.

I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning......

Maybe a decent candidate for stripping down and repainting/refinishing it. Been awhile since I've put my 03FFL to use.

I've seen trigger assemblies go for nearly $150 , worst case scenario its probably worth the price just in parts.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

They're beat to hell for sure. At least they're cheap.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:19 am bastards killin the SKS price market these days, they were in the low 400's before they ( found :roll: ) this shipment
This happens all the time. Remember when they got a bunch of HK94’s from the California prison system? They were selling them for thousands less than the going rate at the time. People who previously paid top dollar for them were royally pissed. But eventually when the supply ended, prices slowly crept back to normal. Hey, this is America, & they can price them wherever they want. Usually that means people complain the price is too high, but not always. a GARY.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Shes rough, but not as bad as I expected it to be,

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Stock is toast. Cracked through the lug area.

I cleaned 99% of the cosmoline off. lined the bottom of the oven with tin foil and just put all the disassembled parts in there, most of it just melted right off.

All the metal looks pretty good. 90%+ of the original bluing is still there and in good shape. Still have to scrub the bore but just looking after the cosmoline melted out, id expect it to clean up quite well.

Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

They look like beavers snuck in the warehouse while stored...and did what beavers do.
I have 2 unissued, minty Yugos w/o the grenade launcher I bought for that price years ago.
aka: Dolfan
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

You just got lucky norinco,I read this and remembered I had one in the garage,and just went out and found it.No top wood,only the bottom,blondish,looks nothing like that one you've got,LOL.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

TonyR wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm You just got lucky norinco,I read this and remembered I had one in the garage,and just went out and found it.No top wood,only the bottom,blondish,looks nothing like that one you've got,LOL.
I fitted a Yugo stock to this one for now, will have to do until I can find an appropriate blonde/chinese Chu stock.

I may have a spare wood handguard in the parts bin if you need it.