Empty Powder Container

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
jldorta

Empty Powder Container

Post by jldorta »

Any reloader in the Palm Beach area who wants to sell an empty powder container???

I have it in bulk so I want it in small quantities on my bench.

Thank you
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Have no idea what size powder container you are looking for, but I have a few empty 8 pound jugs that are surplus to my needs.
I'm in central Brevard, on Merritt Island.
I've not bought powder in 1 pound jars in many, many years.
If all else fails, a plastic peanut butter jar is fine for holding a small amount of powder on the reloading bench.
jldorta

Post by jldorta »

Gregg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:36 pm Have no idea what size powder container you are looking for, but I have a few empty 8 pound jugs that are surplus to my needs.
I'm in central Brevard, on Merritt Island.
I've not bought powder in 1 pound jars in many, many years.
If all else fails, a plastic peanut butter jar is fine for holding a small amount of powder on the reloading bench.
I was thinking of using this jar https://s7d6.scene7.com/is/image/bjs/150568

Is this safe just for small amount on the reloading bench?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

quart sized plastic bottles from the dollar store, they have a flip up drinking lid ( flap ) so makes pouring into something else easier, can even write on the bottle with a sharpie, and they are only a buck :mrgreen:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Just do not leave it in direct sunlight for periods of time.
Ultraviolet light will cause powder to decompose.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

How about repurposing old pill bottles? I have a large (500 ct.) bottle of generic, Costco Tylenol which is HDPE plastic & should keep out UV which looks to be about the right size for the bench. Looks to be about 1/2 the size of a 1 lb powder bottle.
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 13623.html

Another idea might be to buy 1 lb of powder you already have & top off one of your 8 lb jugs. Be sure to relabel it well to avoid accidents
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell