Publix bans open carry

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TACC

Post by TACC »

Please enlighten us on the CUM debacle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TACC wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:14 pm Please enlighten us on the CUM debacle

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Mom orders a cake from Publix to honor her son graduating "Summa Cum Laude" from college.

High-school drop-out Publix cake decorator (who deserves a $1m retirement package) refuses to write "Cum" on the cake because it's a "bad word". 🙄

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Taco

Post by Taco »

I am shocked that they ever allowed open carry at all.

They are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, influencers in the FL Retail Federation. Based on the articles I read, it seems they spend a quarter of their lobbying time looking for tax handouts, a quarter of their lobbying time looking to cut sanitation regulations, and half their lobbying time killing gun bills.

Every year they kill open carry in FL, and for a decade they killed the parking lot law.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Hey, different strokes for different folks.
There's a 2 year old Publix 1/4 mile from my house. Sits on its very own lot...not a strip shopping center
It even has a covered parking garage....very nice when it's 98 degrees.

Aldi and Walmart: 2 miles. They're across the street from each other in a very busy intersection in a large and very busy shopping centers.

To me, they're both warehouses. I prefer to buy food stuff in a conventional "old school" grocery store.

I have absolutely zero issues paying a bit more.

BTW, I'll wager money that Walmart, Aldi and the Trader stock more Made in China products than you'd find in a Publix.
aka: Dolfan
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Joecruiser wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:09 pm Hey, different strokes for different folks.
There's a 2 year old Publix 1/4 mile from my house. Sits on its very own lot...not a strip shopping center
It even has a covered parking garage....very nice when it's 98 degrees.

Aldi and Walmart: 2 miles. They're across the street from each other in a very busy intersection in a large and very busy shopping centers.

To me, they're both warehouses. I prefer to buy food stuff in a conventional "old school" grocery store.

I have absolutely zero issues paying a bit more.

BTW, I'll wager money that Walmart, Aldi and the Trader stock more Made in China products than you'd find in a Publix.
Considering most of Aldi is off brand German stuff, not sure you'd win that bet.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

You're probably right...I did post earlier that Aldi owns the Trader and the $$ goes to Berlin,
Moreover, I've only stepped once inside an Aldi...that's enough for me.
But..
Whatever floats one's boat.

BTW, what's Aldi's and the Trader's firearms policy? We know Walmart's and Publix's.

How about Chick-fil a's?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

No idea. I carry concealed and if it isn't a State or Federal (or school/hospital) building I don't give a shit what their firearm policy is.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:03 am High-school drop-out Publix cake decorator (who deserves a $1m retirement package) refuses to write "Cum"....
Go ahead...make fun of this individual.

But, you are aware that recently the Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution affords an individual the right of refusal to perform or engage in activities they may find morally or religiously offensive.
(LGBT couple vs Colorado baker)

Just like the Constitution affords us the right to keep arms...
That individual's has the right to refuse.

Who are we to criticize?
tector

Post by tector »

Joecruiser wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm You're probably right...I did post earlier that Aldi owns the Trader and the $$ goes to Berlin,
Moreover, I've only stepped once inside an Aldi...that's enough for me.
But..
Whatever floats one's boat.

BTW, what's Aldi's and the Trader's firearms policy? We know Walmart's and Publix's.

How about Chick-fil a's?
Aldi just banned open carry a couple of days ago.

https://thehill.com/regulation/business ... s-in-their
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Joecruiser wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:03 am High-school drop-out Publix cake decorator (who deserves a $1m retirement package) refuses to write "Cum"....
Go ahead...make fun of this individual.

But, you are aware that recently the Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution affords an individual the right of refusal to perform or engage in activities they may find morally or religiously offensive.
(LGBT couple vs Colorado baker)

Just like the Constitution affords us the right to keep arms...
That individual's has the right to refuse.

Who are we to criticize?
What does the Latin word for "with" have to do with religion or morality? I suppose the stretch can be made in a society having 27 (or, whatever the number is now) genders. The transformation of "Idiocracy" from comedy to documentary has happened because we let them get away with it: "Let's not hurt the idiot's feelings. "
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.