Michael Drejka Convicted Of Manslaughter In Infamous Parking Lot Shooting

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

Mannlicher wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 pm What this sad story really points out, is how important minding your own damn business can be.
Exactly. If Drejka hadn't been a dick and had just kept his mouth shut, he'd be at home instead of in jail.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Mannlicher wrote:What this sad story really points out, is how important minding your own damn business can be.
Amen to that.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

dammitgriff wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 pm
Mannlicher wrote:What this sad story really points out, is how important minding your own damn business can be.
Amen to that.
It took me way too many years of my life to learn not to get involved in other people's drama. It's not like they're handing out rewards to snitch on people for handicap parking violations either. Nobody's job but the cops, even then...I've got better things to do than make a phone call.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Yes there are no rewards for non handicap parking snitches....

But until you or someone close to you who is disabled (doesn't include a splinter in the foot) and tries to get out and lead a normal as possible life, having something like MS and having the longer walk to enter an establishment because some pos decides they're to lazy or just trash and park in the handicap spaces, calling and reporting a tag seems trivial.

It is not.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Really want to know, when McGlockton pulled up the best spaces, the ones right at the door were empty, WHY park at the far end of the walkway?
Or maybe a better question, why is the handicap space that far from the door?
MARK

Post by MARK »

P5 Guy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 am Or maybe a better question, why is the handicap space that far from the door?
It appears that the end of the walkway leads to a ramp like area and to the striped portion of the parking lot.

That's the way a lot of convenience stores are set up. I use the ramp rather than jump the curb in the front of the store when on my bicycle.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I know several people with handicapped parking tags. If any of them were to pull in to a convenience store parking lot and find the only handicapped parking space occupied - whether the car had a handicapped tag or not - they would most likely simply wait for the person in the store to leave then park their car and proceed with their business. They're called quickie stores for a reason - customers are only in there for a minute or two. CVS/Walgreens/Publix all have multiple handicapped spots. I have never met someone with a valid handicapped tag who would be willing to get into an argument with a stranger over the issue. Drejka was nothing more than a self-appointed hall monitor with a gun.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Chigger wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:30 am Yes there are no rewards for non handicap parking snitches....

But until you or someone close to you who is disabled (doesn't include a splinter in the foot) and tries to get out and lead a normal as possible life, having something like MS and having the longer walk to enter an establishment because some pos decides they're to lazy or just trash and park in the handicap spaces, calling and reporting a tag seems trivial.

It is not.
I'm physically disabled and so is my father. Got the handicap placard to prove it.

*shrug*
srqsteve

Post by srqsteve »

I don't see this being overturned.
RKBA

Post by RKBA »

If Drejka was a cop, would he have been convicted?