Feds Demand Apple And Google Hand Over Names Of 10,000+ Users Of A Gun Scope App

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Feds Demand Apple And Google Hand Over Names Of 10,000+ Users Of A Gun Scope App

Post by zeebaron »

"Own a rifle? Got a scope to go with it? The U.S. government might soon know who you are, where you live and how to reach you.

That’s because the government wants Apple and Google to hand over names, phone numbers and other identifying data of at least 10,000 users of a single gun scope app, Forbes has discovered. It’s an unprecedented move: Never before has a case been disclosed in which American investigators demanded personal data of users of a single app from Apple and Google. And never has an order been made public where the feds have asked the Silicon Valley giants for info on so many thousands of people in one go."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrew ... a0a8361351
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

This is nuts.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Regardless of where you downloaded that app, leaving the country with it is just as much of an ITAR violation as purchasing night vision in the US and taking it abroad.

People need to start reading before clicking the "I agree to the terms and conditions" boxes.....
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Villafuego wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 amPeople need to start reading before clicking the "I agree to the terms and conditions" boxes.....
Actually, what folks need to do is learn how to configure their firewall. Don't let your apps "phone home" and the terms & conditions (which are subject to change without notice) don't matter.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Combine that with the "new, new, new whoopie" face id "feature", and it's made in heaven for TPTB.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.