Why don't we have Red Flag laws for other rights, too?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

ab4ka wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 am
P5 Guy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:15 am
gforester wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:32 am
Hey, I happen to like fat girls in short-shorts.

LIKE BUTTON PUSHED!
I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers! :P :P :P
In also and THAT is NOT "fat"...just pleasantly plump! :)
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Got a lotta fat chick thrillers on this forum.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

ab4ka wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 am
I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers! :P :P :P
No, but she would probably throw you out and take all of the crackers for herself. :lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

Can we get back to the original post? It is much more interesting a subject.

There are already red flag laws- everywhere.

At any point, if you are deemed a danger to yourself or others, you do not pass go, you do not collect $200, you get 'Baker Act'ed' and tossed into an involuntary 72-hour psych facility where you're mental state is supposed to be evaluated by a professional who gets to determine if the hold is required to continue. We can later work on the merits of who gets to define someone as mentally ill, this is current state.

I do not understand why all the hoopla about inventing a new process to do this half way. If the person is a danger, then we should be doing the established process, and if they're not why are we bothering them? Taking guns away from a dangerous person does not make them less dangerous, unless they are severely physically or severely mentally limited. The new process does not take cars away, or knives, or ropes, or hammers, or chainsaws, or bleach, or gasoline, or rat poison, or spray paint, or anything else they can use to hurt themselves or others.
Last edited by Taco on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's a good point. As with many others, we have layers of laws ignoring prior ones of similar effect which are not enforced. It's grandstanding by politicians, showing they are "doing something."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I know they have a video where a cop pulled a guy over and took all of his money he was buying cars at an auction and even showed the officers the cars online. Still got it taken and never gave it back to the guy so I'm sure they're a lot that going around.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.