Sunday Sept 22nd shoot at Hernando Sportsman Club

JBubba57

Post by JBubba57 »

I and the wife had an absolute blast there last year! Hope to go again this year.
And RentProp's personal touch last year of inviting me, after I asked what it is, and telling what it's all about and how to get there, etc., was extra nice!

Only problem I had was some drunk lout complaining because I chose to pay for and shoot the Barrett 50. A few times. Told me I was ruining the shoot for everyone else with the noise and that my bullets, after I hit the steel target, "was traveling in pieces now for miles and gonna kill some people."

Actually two problems--the wife shot a scoped silenced bolt sniper rifle, I think it was a Winchester model 70, and she loved it, wants me to get her one. Kinda expensive.

The gun. The wife too.
Member since early Obama regime
HK, Ruger, Browning fan
Paddledan

Post by Paddledan »

I get one day off each week, Sunday to lick my wounds and drag my butt in on Monday in this heat, and if you think I'm going to load my car with heavy metal and go to the range to shoot, well all I got to say is you better not be in front of me ill run you over. This as always is going too be good.
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

Im BTT this topic. as for ammo, like Mark said, we like to interact and shoot each others stuff, so caliber-wise, its all good. watch out when you put your wives on the lighter MG's and supressed guns though!!!! they tend to want one after!!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hello,

I'm new to FL, where is it located and what are the ammo restrictions?

Thank you.
Mike

Post by Mike »

What about steel case, are they allowed?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

www.hernandosportsmansclub.com

yes steel ammo is fine , bring targets and some type of target stand
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

I just logged in to ask, does anyone want me to bring them a door off a house (without frame) for a target? now is the time to ask, I do the doors and windows for a number of low=s stores in the area, and have to dispose of them, so they make great targets. Ill cart them off, I plan to stay for the duration, just thought id offer. wont bring any glass.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I'm going to try and grab a couple of pallets because you can screw some 2x2s on them as legs and prop them up and it's a pretty big surface area to attach targets to....

Less than 2 weeks away :mrgreen:
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

ok ill keep all the door halves till then

thats what i was wondering

they make really good targets, ill keep them all and bring them with supports.

kah pow
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Hollow core not that 200 lbs solid crap again