Nissan pickups v. All others (gas)

Discussions of all things with motors, wheels, wings and ?????
chester field

Post by chester field »

n0rlf wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:06 am True, it is not a full size. However mine does a great job. If you are going full size then yeah, stay away from the Tundra. Noisy, drives like a tank, lousy mileage. Consider the Dodge. I went that route for the full size. Seems to get 19 to 20 MPG for me and will tow anything I need. I went witht he 4x4 5.7 engine. Quad cab. I liked the reviews and critiques it got. As for the nissan, well, not in a million years for all kinds of reasons. (SIL is a salesman for nissan) I would steer clear but that is as always just an opinion. I am not a mechanic nor do I play one on you tube.
Would agree with all that above. I think the new Ram crew also has the biggest space in the back of the cab.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
t_bare

Post by t_bare »

I had an 08 Titan Crew LE 4x4 from 08-16 it was a great truck. In the 110k I drove it, I put tires, brakes, and a transfer case in it. I will tell you the fuel mileage was really poor 9-14mpg and 7mpg towing my boat . The paint clear coat had completely failed, also the plastic interior pieces got brittle and would randomly break. If it weren't for the the last two I would have kept it a couple more years.

t_bare
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

I wouldn't trust Ford or Chevy powertrains either. I only got 300k out of my Chevy before trading it in and I think my Ford had 210k on the dial. :D :D
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

My '09 Tahoe had 177k on it and my GMC Sierra had 150k on it when they moved down the line. Original transmissions, no oil burning.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I have a 2002 Expedition with 250k+ miles on it with all original drivetrain. Looks like shit outside and burns about a qt of oil every 7k miles but it's still reliable and I drive 250 miles to/from farm on weekends. I'm starting to look for a new full size crew cab 4X4 pickup and basically it's down to F-150 and Ram 1500. Ford for basic durability/reliability and Ram for the look and comfort. I'm leaning towards Ram but I'm not sure about their long term reliability.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

rug357 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:58 pm I have a 2002 Expedition with 250k+ miles on it with all original drivetrain. Looks like shit outside and burns about a qt of oil every 7k miles but it's still reliable and I drive 250 miles to/from farm on weekends. I'm starting to look for a new full size crew cab 4X4 pickup and basically it's down to F-150 and Ram 1500. Ford for basic durability/reliability and Ram for the look and comfort. I'm leaning towards Ram but I'm not sure about their long term reliability.
I love mine. To early for reliability review but I love everything so far!
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I bought a 2016 Titan XD diesel when they first came out. I really loved that truck. It had one factory recall due to a handful of them that didn’t get their turbocharger properly lubricated. I had no problem but they replaced it anyway.

I owned it for two years, then traded it in on a 2016 Ford F-350 PowerStroke 6.7 dually. Only reason I got rid of it was because wife and I are full-time RV’ing in a 19,000 lb fifth wheel. If Nissan were ever to make a dually that could pull my RV, I’ll be going back to Nissan. I am a huge Nissan fan (2 x Armadas, 1 Altima, 2 Maximas). Never gave me any trouble.
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

rug357 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:58 pm I have a 2002 Expedition with 250k+ miles on it with all original drivetrain. Looks like shit outside and burns about a qt of oil every 7k miles but it's still reliable and I drive 250 miles to/from farm on weekends. I'm starting to look for a new full size crew cab 4X4 pickup and basically it's down to F-150 and Ram 1500. Ford for basic durability/reliability and Ram for the look and comfort. I'm leaning towards Ram but I'm not sure about their long term reliability.
Rug, we've hunted together and broke bread for a number of years now and I'm telling you that chances are you'd regret that dodge decision. I have had so many friends and family get a dodge because of the look and ride and go against everyone telling them not to and they all regret it. funny how quick knobs, gadgets, clips, trannies, etc fail in them.
I decided to keep my Z71 for now however when I was looking it was a z71 or a FX4 crew cab. Chevy is a lot more comfortable than a Ford on the road and just as reliable and durable (if not moreso).
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Buy 'Merican! Ford.
aka: Dolfan
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Joecruiser wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:59 pm Buy 'Merican! Ford.
Ford is Mexican these days :lol:
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.