Gun range suicide in Sarasota

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Gun range suicide in Sarasota

Post by tector »

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2019 ... -gun-range

Apparent suicide at High Noon Guns.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Haven't heard about one of those in a while.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

The most inconsiderate exit method I've ever heard of. Even more inconsiderate than Suicide by Police.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

It's the reason why a lot of PRNJ gun shops won't allow you to rent from them if they don't know you well enough.... Or if you don't own a weapon and bring it to the range....
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Requiring anyone using their range to bring a gun makes sense.
Purty sure High noon used to have that rule when they first opened their range.
But, like many businesses, things can get slack over time.
Awhile ago, I signed up for a class there.
Never heard from them, no reminder call for when it was to begin, no contact about it what so ever.
Oh well.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

In the past, I made my decision to buy a specific gun because a friend had one I could try. When I saw my first Glock, I thought it was a Mattel toy. But when a friend let me try his, I had to have one. Well many people do not have a friend with that gun they want to try. So stores “rent” guns for testing by prospective buyers. If they like the gun they tested, hopefully they will buy it there, at the store, & not buy it online. So renting guns is good for sales, but it opens up the business to tragic events by cowards too afraid to jump off an I-95 overpass. GARY.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

flcracker wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm The most inconsiderate exit method I've ever heard of. Even more inconsiderate than Suicide by Police.
I don't know about that. With death by cop, you have the LEO who had to do the shooting who then has to live with what they did. Renting someone a gun does not seem like it would carry as much guilt (if he even rented a gun).
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:49 pm
flcracker wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm The most inconsiderate exit method I've ever heard of. Even more inconsiderate than Suicide by Police.
I don't know about that. With death by cop, you have the LEO who had to do the shooting who then has to live with what they did. Renting someone a gun does not seem like it would carry as much guilt (if he even rented a gun).
I was thinking about the other people on the range who have no expectation of violence at the moment. At least in suicide by cop the LEO is aware that the outcome may be tragic. Imagine enjoying showing your hot Tinder date how to operate your Glock when the dude in the next stall blows his brains out all over her titz.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

flcracker wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 pm
I was thinking about the other people on the range who have no expectation of violence at the moment. At least in suicide by cop the LEO is aware that the outcome may be tragic. Imagine enjoying showing your hot Tinder date how to operate your Glock when the dude in the next stall blows his brains out all over her titz.
That's not to mention that the perp's actions will likely shut down the business (LGS / range) for some time, putting the employees out of work for that period. The business will have to pay for the clean-up. The business will also likely incur legal fees in the case of a lawsuit by the surviving family (and maybe even the other customers in the range). They'll also probably have increases in their insurance premiums.

It's selfish on many levels.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

flcracker wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Yeah, still not sure that is as bad as killing someone. No matter how much the justification, I would think that weights on you a bit more. I know that if it came down to it, I could, but I sure don't want to.