Telemarketers

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
jimmac

Telemarketers

Post by jimmac »

My landline and cell carrier does not have a means of blocking telemarketers, so when I answer a call and hear a beep knowing the call is being transferred to a Boiler Room telemarketers, and I say "Hello" and the genius answers with a "Hello" like I made the call, I don't say a word just hang up.
So that chump misses his chance for a sale, and has to wait for his next turn. :D
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

jimmac wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm My landline and cell carrier does not have a means of blocking telemarketers, so when I answer a call and hear a beep knowing the call is being transferred to a Boiler Room telemarketers, and I say "Hello" and the genius answers with a "Hello" like I made the call, I don't say a word just hang up.
So that chump misses his chance for a sale, and has to wait for his next turn. :D
I don't even answer the phone if it's a number I don't recognize. I let the machine take it. It cuts down on a lot of those calls.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Sometimes I would make them go through the whole 5 minute speech, then ask for them to repeat it for me so I could just give them the "vegetable answers" or whatever I felt like at the time. You know, just say 'carrots' or 'lettuce' or whatever when they're waiting for your answer. The trick is to get them to hang up on YOU for a change but that's only for a live person making a cold call to you. Robo calls I just hang up on.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher »

Dumped the landline years ago. I never answer if the number calling is not in my address book. I also use an ATT provided spam call blocker
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

White List... It's a capability built into every cell phone. You don't have to install an app or pay extra for the service.

List of authorized callers. If the call isn't from one of the numbers on the list, my phone doesn't even ring.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

ATT has an app that identifies many, if not all, of the spam numbers. How it works is that if I get a spam call, I mark it as such in the app. Then when someone else gets it, it lists the probability of spam based on the number of votes. If it's egregious, it just blocks the call.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Wakko wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 pm ATT has an app that identifies many, if not all, of the spam numbers. How it works is that if I get a spam call, I mark it as such in the app. Then when someone else gets it, it lists the probability of spam based on the number of votes. If it's egregious, it just blocks the call.
There's also a Phone app called 'Mr. Number" that does the same thing.... And it's pretty good at it.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I use my phone as a pager/message box and dont answer it at all.

It only rings 4.5 times before kicking over to voice mail so I cant get it out of my pocket in time anyway.

If its that important, wait for the beep and tell me about it.

Maybe I'll call you back.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

No landline for me either. If the incoming number isn't on my contacts list, you get ignored and blocked.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

So much for the DO NOT CALL LIST and the FCC fining companies for violations.
:D :lol: :)