H. Ross Perot dead

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
REDinFL

H. Ross Perot dead

Post by REDinFL »

According to news reports, he died this AM (Tues., 9 July).

He was right about a lot of things, but brought us slick willie and the hildebeest.

Thanks for nuthin'; actually, worse than nuthin'.

"I have this chart."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

He was a good American who tried. R.I.P.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

He opened my eyes to the notion that we need more non-politicians in politics to shake up the status quo. R.I.P.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

George H.W. Bush wouldn't have done us, gun owners, any favors either. And would not, possibly, have led to the GOP taking the House.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

I wasn't a citizen yet, but I would have voted for him if I were.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

P5 Guy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 pm George H.W. Bush wouldn't have done us, gun owners, any favors either. And would not, possibly, have led to the GOP taking the House.
Yep, can't blame that on Perot, I didn't want to vote for Bush 41. He was one of the worst Presidents of my lifetime.

Destroyed an alliance with Iraq that Reagan spent years developing, Kuwait was in fact stealing Iraqi oil by slant drilling. Neither the UN or Bush was willing to solve the dispute and had April Glaspie imply that the US wouldn't interfere so long as order was maintained. The dominoes from the first Iraq war are still falling and not to our favor. We would have been better off buying Kuwaiti oil from Saddam, Kuwait was a Sunni monarchy.

Bush 41 resigned his NRA membership after the NRA criticized the ATF as "jack booted thugs" following WACO.

Bush 41 gave us the 89 Import Ban after his Drug Czar William Bennett asked for it with the justification that "only drug dealers use these guns."

Bush 41 had bitterly complained about the media hounding him while he was on vacation trying to play golf during the Persian Gulf War.

Bush 41 also showed his intolerant nature when a group of "families of MIA's" ambushed him at a fund raiser and chanted "Just tell us the truth" and he replied "Will you people just shut up." Sure it was poor form to crash a fund raiser, but you don't talk to family members of MIA's that way for any reason.

I know he was a combat vet, fighter pilot and all that, but so was McCain. I respect their military service but not their political service. Bush acted like he was above any criticism and was always right.

He opened the door for Perot to be a alternative, and I really wish somehow Perot won. But as a result Bush 41 gave us the Clinton dynasty that we suffered under for years.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:56 am He was a good American who tried. R.I.P.
That's how I see it. Problem is he seemed to want to say what he was actually thinking, identified problems and offered solutions.
bryan2010x

Post by bryan2010x »

He really hit nafta on the head for what it would do. I think that might be his best quote ever when he talked about wages being driven down at that famous debate between Bush, Clinton, and himself
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Perot also paid contractors to get his people successfully out of Iran when the U.S. wouldn't or couldn't.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I remember how the media and everyone else lampooned him. Americans will soon enough wish they had listened to Ross Perot back in ‘92.
Some very rough times lie just ahead for this country economically.