Bren MK I

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
Jam5211

Bren MK I

Post by Jam5211 »

My best friend passed away recently and his wife gave me a few of his rifles and part kits. In the kits, there is a Bren kit complete. I do not have much information on these examples and was wondering if anyone can help me out? I have read that they sell the welding jigs for the receivers but had very little luck finding one that I can purchase. Is there a member that can refer me to where I can get one or better yet have someone weld it for me? I'll pay of course. At this point, any info would help and be greatly appreciated. I would like to build it in memory of Bob.

Thanks
Jorge
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

The "buildability" of your Bren depends a lot on how it was cut........

some of the earlier kits were a little easier to build than the later guns. The most recent kits are pretty bad......cut thru the locking shoulder recesses, and butchered barrel socket areas.

Midwest Metal Creations is a well known builder. "Projectguns" here in FL is out of the Bren building business.

I'd recommend spending some time at Weaponsguild.com, and do a bit of reading.......quite a few builders over there, and you should be able to find the tools you need to do the job if you decide you want to undertake it.....

It's not like building a semi-auto from a tube smg kit........there is about 45,000 psi a few inches in front of your face
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Depending on you level of expertise at building guns from "kits" , I would not start with a Bren.. It is tough and there are a lot of little Ins and outs.. Better off selling the kit and putting that money towards a Semi Auto that is built and works.. Unless you like a mechanical challenges

But here is a series of videos to watch and you can see what is entailed.. But these look easier then they are..

Viddy well O My brother, Viddy Well