6 Arizona Police Officers Were Asked To Leave Starbucks Because Customer ‘Did Not Feel Safe’

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

6 Arizona Police Officers Were Asked To Leave Starbucks Because Customer ‘Did Not Feel Safe’

Post by lakelandman »

Six Arizona police officers were asked by a barista to leave a Starbucks on the 4th of July because a customer “did not feel safe.”

The Tempe police officers stopped by the store for coffee, had already paid for their drinks and were standing around together when a barista approached.

She said they were making a customer feel unsafe and asked them to move out of the customer’s sight or leave. The officers were disappointed but chose to leave, according to the Tempe Officers Association.

“While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive,” the association wrote in a Facebook post. “Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019.”

The Tempe Police Department said in a statement on Friday that they hope it was an “isolated incident between one community member and a single employee, rather than an entire organization.”

An apology statement released by Starbucks indicated the company spoke with Tempe Chief of Police Sylvia Moir on Saturday to discuss the situation.

“When those officers entered the store and a customer raised concern over their presence, they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners,” Starbucks wrote. “Instead, they were made to feel unwelcome and disrespected, which is completely unacceptable.”

Starbucks said it’s taking steps to make sure a similar incident doesn’t happen again in the future.

This controversy comes just over a year after more than 8,000 Starbucks stores closed for anti-bias training on May 29, 2018, following the arrest of two black men accused of loitering in a Philadelphia store.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/0 ... HQKBtbt4ZM
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

How about telling the uncomfortable thing to simply leave??

AFS
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

AirForceShooter wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:33 pm How about telling the uncomfortable thing to simply leave??

AFS
That's what I would have done.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Yup.... I would have offered that the triggered customer be offered the door. And, I'd have told them, "Don't let it hit ya where the good Lord Split ya..."
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

How about this, get the names and address of the ones offended and assure them that when they dial 911 the police will not respond. After all, we want them to feel safe.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:49 pm Image
Funny, these look like the sniveling idiot who was nervous because cops were enjoying their coffee at Starbucks. GARY.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

I can remember when coffee shops used to LOVE being a cop hangout, to the point of providing free coffee, to make sure nothing bad happened and they never got robbed.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

SteyrAUG wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:00 am I can remember when coffee shops used to LOVE being a cop hangout, to the point of providing free coffee, to make sure nothing bad happened and they never got robbed.
When I was in high school I worked the midnight shift at Drunken Donuts & their policy at the time was free coffee & donuts to any LEO that came thru the door 24/7. The place was never robbed & I got to know a lot a good people back when they were still Serving & Protecting.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

With the contemporary perception of cops nowdays, this isn't really surprising. I also don't see why it's a huge deal to get outraged over. Yeah, this could have been handled a lot better and people are way too sensitive nowadays but is this really worth getting riled up over in comparison with the shit about Democrat staffers getting caught going to Mexico and telling people how to get over here?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."