Who likes FAL rifles? (pic thread)

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water »

NorincoKid wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:21 am
Swamp Water wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:37 pmThat is certainly the receiver to have!!
I've had that thing for years collecting dust. I have a mutt kit, mostly Imbel with a Steyr barrel shortened to 16". One of these days I'll get around to having the barrel torqued on. I just don't have the tools, and don't know what size locking shoulder I'll need. I'm trying to find the shortest possible muzzle device too, something like a birdcage flash hider. To keep OAL down.

Sir is your barrel threaded left or right hand threads ?
Gun Owners Of America
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Pretty sure its standard 9/16 x 24 LH

Although its been awhile. Now im not 100% sure. I think DSA sells a shorty birdcage flash hider for that thread pitch. I may just try to pick up a cheap used standard FAL muzzle brake and make sure it threads on though first.
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

I'll go through my crap, I think I've got the Imbel combo device as a spare and I can toss it in with the tools
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Nothing wrong with a little shorter barrel. This one is a little over 18".

Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water »

Waldo1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:30 pm Nothing wrong with a little shorter barrel. This one is a little over 18".

Very nice! Love the suit sight!!
Gun Owners Of America
Allme

Post by Allme »

The right arm of freedom is my favorite of all the long guns. With Dow being out of the FAL repair business do you know anyone other worth a sh*t in central Florida? Please advise.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Allme wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm With Dow being out of the FAL repair business do you know anyone other worth a sh*t in central Florida? Please advise.
What do you need done to it?

I really have to get off my ass and get mine put together. Just don't have the tools.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Allme wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm do you know anyone other worth a sh*t in central Florida? Please advise.
Don’s Guns, Ft. Myers. He built a few for me. GARY.
Allme

Post by Allme »

NorincoKid wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Allme wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm With Dow being out of the FAL repair business do you know anyone other worth a sh*t in central Florida? Please advise.
What do you need done to it?

I really have to get off my ass and get mine put together. Just don't have the tools.
Doesn't cycle. I had the barrel shortened at a local gun smith (HAHAHAH), I am pretty certain they didn't open up the gas port.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

whats your regulator set to?

Is it short stroking or not even trying to cycle?