Shooting Me Some Iguanas!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Was driving down Sheridan just west of University and saw about 100 of those suckers! Was wondering what the rules would be along the roadside by the canal?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

GunsandHoses wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:19 pm Was driving down Sheridan just west of University and saw about 100 of those suckers! Was wondering what the rules would be along the roadside by the canal?
Need permission from property owner. City? County?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:29 pm Before the big dick contest speed wars of pellet guns, I think all or almost all the .22s were subsonic.
https://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?pr ... ductID=288

P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Are iguanas good eating?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:23 am Are iguanas good eating?
Chicken of the Trees.

They are on the menu in Puerto Rico and most of the Caribbean.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Slartibartfast wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:04 pm CCI LR quiets are about the same as an average pellet rifle

Those are dead quite with a suppressed bolt action rifle. All you hear is the hammer drop. I mount a thermal scope on my .22 suppressed and light a cigar get a scotch and shoot mangrove rats across the canal at night from my deck. You dont hear squat. :P :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:32 am The newer PCP .22 pellet rifles are advertised at 1400 fps. :o

Although it might do the same damage to the neighbor kid's azz, defending the criminal charge might be easier if a "pellet gun" was involved vs. a firearm. :lol:

A friend of mine has one of those. It is quite as heck with that uh big thing on the the barrel :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote:
P5 Guy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:23 am Are iguanas good eating?
Chicken of the Trees.

They are on the menu in Puerto Rico and most of the Caribbean.

We Cubans don’t eat iguanas in Cuba..

because we already ate all the ones we had.
You guys should see how many iguanas are at Guantanamo Bay, millions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baudler

Post by Baudler »

My budy shoots them in his gated community as he has permission from them. Someone saw him and called the Sheriff and let’s just say he was surprised by their presence. He shoots a .30 air rifle as his .22 air rifle doesn’t have the knockdown power. He has taken out over 200 lizards in the last year in his development.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Baudler wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:23 am My budy shoots them in his gated community as he has permission from them. Someone saw him and called the Sheriff and let’s just say he was surprised by their presence. He shoots a .30 air rifle as his .22 air rifle doesn’t have the knockdown power. He has taken out over 200 lizards in the last year in his development.

is this your buddy ?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !