Folding Like a Cheap Suit

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Folding Like a Cheap Suit

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... ailsignout

Really? nike pulls shoes with Betsy Ross flag because the kneeler was offended?
WTF is next with this genuflecting to the perpetually offended. Colon Kaepernick should leave if he hates this country so much.
Last edited by P5 Guy on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Exactly, Koppernodick, and Nike can go pound salt as far as I care about either of them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I have no words to describe what I want to post. 8-)
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I would bet that if someone came out with a rainbow flag with a tiny modern-day US flag in the corner, some celebrity idiot would come up with a reason to be offended.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Want to really piss Kaepernick off? Thank him for his patriotism. By putting the flag on athletic equipment, you could say Nike was in violation of the Flag Code - so maybe he just didn't want to see the flag disrespected. (yeah, right . . . :roll: )

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 36
CHAPTER 10

PATRIOTIC CUSTOMS

§176. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor. • (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
• (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
• (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
• (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
• (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
• (f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
• (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
• (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
• (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
• (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
• (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#173
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

Flipping channels last night I learned that the Betsy Ross flag is being used by a tiny group of alt-right nazi's and klan flaggots.
Fine, but, they are not stealing my American heritage and making it theirs.
I will find a flag and put it on my jeep and velco for my gun bags. Take it back from ,NOT hide from those A-holes.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If Colon (Ass Hole) Kaepernick is offended by the American Flag, he should leave the country.
North Korea would be a good choice, as he would never again have to see anything American again.

The Betsy Ross Flag was used for only a short period of time, during and just after the Revolutionary War.
It is a symbol of the Nation's Founding, nothing more and nothing less.

What I do find offensive, is Nike placing the American Flag on shoes!
Wonder if this all was just a "Marketing Stunt" by Nike, to boost sales.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:25 am What I do find offensive, is Nike placing the American Flag on shoes!
Wonder if this all was just a "Marketing Stunt" by Nike, to boost sales.
Yes! Nike and Kaperndick getting publicity-o-plenty. And believe that Nike doesn't give a flying F about people outside of their target market.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30